1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30" or 32" Barrel for Doubles?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I am searching for a dedicated over and under gun for doubles. Whats the "best" barrel length to go with, 30" or 32"? I'm 5' 10" in height if that makes a difference.

There are a few XT trap guns used locally in the $1,700 - $1,800 price range, but they are 30" guns.

There is also a Browning Special Trap edition with 32" barrels available.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

David

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

David, I would say go with the 32" IF you can handle the extra weight of the longer barrels.........try them both, see what feels best to you.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Like most things about doubles ... it is what works for you. You really need to try both and determine what works best for you. Bill Malcolm

4. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

I agree...in fact just had to make that decision myself after having been awayo from shooting a number of years.

I bought a singles gun first, a BT-99 32". Then wrestled with the 30" or 32" doubles dilema for a while.

I finally decided on a 32" XT...and glad I did. Hunter 44 is right though..try both if you can, then buy.

Best of luck..
    Stan Mayfield

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.