1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30" or 32" barrel for doubled?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by csjr, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csjr

csjr TS Member

I am looking at a new combo and was wondering what length barrel I should get for doubles. I have been using a 32" but was thinking a 30" might be better.

2. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I will give you my story about barrel length. I was shooting a citori XT with 30" barrels and had a OK average in doubles. I decided to go to one of the high-end combo shotguns and received a 32" barrel with my set.

My average fell and quick. I personally could not control the extra length. I spoke with a "professional" shooter in all the magazines and he gave me the following situation.

If you fish, take an extra 3oz. lead weight and add it to the end of your rod. Does the rod become a little whippy? Is it harder to control? He told me that 30" barrels are just easier to control with the quick action of doubles.

I finally was able to get a set of 30" barrels for my gun and my average has started to come back up. This isn't the answer for everyone, but I do shoot rather quickly. If I was a slower shooter, I probably could learn to shoot the 32" barrels.

I hope my issues help in some small way.

Cory

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I think the answer depends on you.. I shot both my best rounds of doubles with a 34" barrel.. One was a MX10RS..1.76 KG One a 34" Sporting barrel which I removed the sideribs and Simmon regulated to 60/40 bottom.. 50/50 top.. 1.53KG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
30 or 32 for doubles

30 or 32 inch barrels for trap doubles

30 or 32 inch for trap doubles