1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$30 Killer @ Anderson Co., Ky.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LABWILD, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

There will be a $30, 8-mark Killer, Sunday, May 1 at Anderson Co. Sportsman's Club. Club is located near Lawrenceburg, Ky., at the intersection of US 127 and Bluegrass Pkwy. See www.acsc-ky.com for more info and directions.

Trap opens at 11:00 am for practice and warmup games. Shooters sell at 12:30 pm and the $30 Killer main event will begin at 1:00 pm. Other games to follow the main event if there is interest.

Food and drinks will be available.

2. lostandout

lostandout Member

what is a killer

3. big red truck

big red truck Member

Some people call them Annie Oakleys

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

same as a custer

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

To me, a $30 killer is somebody you can find in Lemon City or Pinewood Park in Miami, and Custer was a moron of a tactician. How's Annie fit into this? I still don't know what they're describing.

MK

6. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Enjoyed shooting at ACSC at the last $30 Killer during the winter. Nice bunch of folks, nice clubhouse and good food!

Easy drive from Frankfort, Lexington, Shelbyville and surroundng areas.

I made a mistake before and stopped at McDonald's on the way up. Won't do that this time!

Are you paying two or three place on the calcutta?

Eddie Quire

7. pdq

pdq Member

Sounds like I'm not the only one who has no idea what a Killer is.

Pete

8. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Here is my explanation of "Killer". It is easier to shoot one than explain.

Shooters line up across the trap field at a given yardage, usually 27-30 yards. The fist shooter (think post 1) calls for a target and tries to break it. If the target is missed the next shooter to the right tries to break the miss and so on inorder, till the target is hit or lands. Shooters that miss get a mark if the target is hit. No hit, no marks and the next shooter in line starts things over. Shooters have a set number of marks. Once they get that mumber they are out. If a contestant accidently shoots at a hit target they receive a mark.

That's the basics. Like I said, esier to shoot than explain.

9. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Shooter #1 shoots and hits. Now Shooter #2's (next shooter to the right) turn. #2 misses, Shooter #3 hits the miss. Mark on #2. Now shooter #4's turn. #4 misses, #5 misses, and #6 hits. Mark on #4 and #5. Now #7....

I have seen as many as 20 shooers on the line. If there are too many shooters to be safe or cause crowding, shoot management may put 4-5 shooters at the shooting position and other shooters will rotate in.

Thanks for the questions folks. My best advice is go to a killer type shoot and give it a try.

10. big red truck

big red truck Member

11. teddytheyorkie

teddytheyorkie TS Member

When they do Annie Oakley at my club they line up, usually at the 27 yard line perpendicullar to the trap house. The first three people shoot,(1,2,3,) If shooter 1 breaks his bird then he is safe. If shooter 2 or 3 fires, they are eliminated. If shooter 1 misses, then shooter 2 can shoot. If shooter 2 breaks the bird, then shooter 1 is eliminated. If shooter 3 shoots after shooter 2 breaks the bird, then he is eliminated. If shooter 2 misses and shooter three breaks the bird, then shooters 1 & 2 are eliminated. If shooter three misses after shooter's 1 & 2 shoot and miss, then the sequence is started over with shooters 2,3,4. The sequence is run till the last two shooters are shooting, if they shoot a couple of rounds at the 27 yard line and no one misses, then the first shoote has the option of moving to another location at any distance or angle and they shoot from there, if that doesn't break a tie, then they move on to another location.

I'm not sure if this clarifies anything, but I tried...

Mark Haider

12. teddytheyorkie

teddytheyorkie TS Member

When they do Annie Oakley at my club they line up, usually at the 27 yard line perpendicullar to the trap house. The first three people shoot,(1,2,3,) If shooter 1 breaks his bird then he is safe. If shooter 2 or 3 fires, they are eliminated. If shooter 1 misses, then shooter 2 can shoot. If shooter 2 breaks the bird, then shooter 1 is eliminated. If shooter 3 shoots after shooter 2 breaks the bird, then he is eliminated. If shooter 2 misses and shooter three breaks the bird, then shooters 1 & 2 are eliminated. If shooter three misses after shooter's 1 & 2 shoot and miss, then the sequence is started over with shooters 2,3,4. The sequence is run till the last two shooters are shooting, if they shoot a couple of rounds at the 27 yard line and no one misses, then the first shoote has the option of moving to another location at any distance or angle and they shoot from there, if that doesn't break a tie, then they move on to another location.

I'm not sure if this clarifies anything, but I tried...

Mark Haider

13. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Good explanation Mark. Very similar to the way we do it. Thanks. Lee

14. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Franklin Co.'s Killer was a rain out last night. I encourage all you Killers to attend Sunday.

15. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.