1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

.30 Cal. Winchester Cartridge

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Rach's Mom, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rach's Mom

Rach's Mom TS Member

0   0   0

This cartridge came out of the buttstock of a Winchester 95 saddle ring carbine, .30 U.S.

The following information is stamped on its sides:

.30 CALIBER - U.S. ARMY.
    USE .32 S. & W. SMOKELESS.

WINCHESTER REP. ARMS CO.
    PATENTED AUG. 22, 1899.

Does anyone know anything about this cartridge? Use? Value?

Thanks

rachsmom_2009_16032.jpg

rachsmom_2009_16033.jpg

2. goony

goony Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

It is a chamber adapter that allows you to use .32 S&W cartridges in the 30-40 krag. I have used them in a 30-06. The Winchester markings add to the value.

Mike

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wow, what a treasure. Not sure it's worth but a cartridge collector would definitely want it in their collection. The Winchester markings really set this one apart. It's a genuine collectors item.

It's purpose is two-fold. It allows indoor training with ammunition that is not going to tear up backstops.

And it allows using a high powered rifle for small game hunting.

These are still being made, though I'm not sure if any are made specifically for the 30-40 Krag (.30 US Army). See link.

I've used chamber inserts to shoot .22 LR in 223 and 22-250. Accuracy is decent at close range, but accuracy drops off as distance increases. I carried them for popping rabbits while varmint or coyote hunting, as the 55gr varmint bullets would totally waste the meat. They were easy to use in my Browning 1885 Single Shot rifles, but were more difficult to get into the chamber of my AR15. Having said that, if I was carrying a centerfire for survival that could use a .22 LR, .25 ACP, .32 ACP or .32 S&W Long in an insert, I'd carry a couple for small game.

4. gordy h

gordy h Member

0   0   0

I collect old ammo etc. never seen one like that. If you want to sell it give me a chance at it .Name your price and all I'll say is yes or no. Thanks
    Butch H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

30-40 krag adapters

auxiliary cartridges chamber adapters

sub caliber cartridge adapters for 30-40

vintage 30-40 krag 32 s&w cartridge adapter