1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

.30 cal. Carbine

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FalconSprint, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Could anyone reccomend a good after market .30 Carbine about the same style as the old military type? One thing I would like, is for it to use the old military mags, which I have a bunch of. I sold my original Winchester and Singer Machine Co. years back, I bigger mistake I could not have made. Looking for something that functions well, don't really need to be a tack driver. 4"to 6" groups @ 75 yards would suit me just fine. I still have a pile of old ball ammo also. Thanks in advance. F/S.

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Auto Ordnance makes an M-1 carbine in a couple of different styles.
    Mike Battista

3. JeweTW

JeweTW TS Member

I’ll second the Auto Ordnance, picked one up last fall. I also had a bunch of old mags & they fit.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_kahr.html

Tom Jewell

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Universal used to make a 30 carbine that can be bought for half the WWII brands and will use your mags. I have their Enforcer, which is a pistol, from my Dad's estate that uses the same mags.

Not sure just how good they are, but the only new gun made is, as mentioned is AutoOrdinance.

There is company in Northwest that makes AR15's in different calibers and once offered the 30 carbine, but no longer do, of course your mags would not work.

5. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I have an original Winchester, any interest?

6. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

James River Armory makes a great refurb carbine

7. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Singer never made M1 carbines.........

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Singer never made a 30 carbine as a government contractor, but were sub contractors for both Winchester and Underwood.

Usually there was a single letter stamped on the bevel under the serial number which was below the Winchester or Underwood name.

Winchesters would have an "A" or "B" or "W" and Underwood had a "B" stamped on the bevel.

Check out link provided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.