1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30" bbl for trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jonese, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonese

jonese TS Member

I just want input on using 30" bbl for shooting singles and handycap. Has there been good shooters in the past and present using 30"

2. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Shoot whatever feels comfortable to you. Longer barrels help me keep the gun swinging when I need it to, but I am also 6'6" tall, so I shoot a 34" unsingle and 32" barrels even on skeet. Whatever size barrels you seem to shoot the best, don't worry with what length others have won with, just go by whatever you feel you can swing and shoot longer. Take into the equation, days you might shoot 300 or 400 targets and some longer barrels might affect how you swing if they tire you out too much.

A long time ago, shorter barrels were the norm, (26" for skeet and a lot of trap guns were 30"), but times and trends change. I shot a 30" Winchester Pigeon Grade trap gun, but now like the longer versions of guns out there.

Too each his won, but mainly have fun and shoot a lot.

Mike* (MH*)

3. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

A lot also has to do with what action if it's a break open you can sure get away with an extra 2" and it feels good to most people.

I like a 30" barrel on a pump gun and 34" barrel on break open singles.

But it is all a matter of what you have and what is comfortable. Grab a gun and go shoot!!

Nick

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

http://www.joeletchenguns.com/tips.htm

nrasmus is exactly right.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.