1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$30 25LB BAG OF SHOT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 123174rh, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123174rh

123174rh TS Member

I cant believe what i am seeing,memorial day special in omaha,nebraska,at guns unlimited,i went into guns unlimited in omaha,this morning,at about 120th and i street, and found they are running a special,during memorial day....they have lowered their price of shot to $30 a bag.....just trying to pass on the good news for people that do alot of reloading,like i do.....Hope I Helped Someone

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Is there a limit?

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Wow, practically giving it away!

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

That might change a few opinions on the benefits of rolling your own! We are starting to see $35/bag West Coast shot here in NV. Hope the trend continues.

5. TheGentleman

TheGentleman TS Member

Wolfram,

Where did you see 35 a bag of shot in Nevada?

6. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Little testy today Sportshot?

What I was actually wondering was if this is some kind of special deal with a 1 bag limit, or the actual, normal price.

7. wolfram

Gentleman,

Frontier in Fallon. Their high was $39.99. New stock came in and is now $34.99.

8. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I still think it a pity, when it is thought of as a "bargain" to see $30.00 / bag shot. It only goes to show how successful American businesses (rapers) have become at mind-manipulation of the consumer.

Escalate the cost to a level that defies explanation, and then lower that cost by 10 or 15 %. They'll think it is a "great deal", and buy lots more of it.....

We STILL win over the fools. Perfect strategy.

I suppose everyone would be singing the praises of ExxonMobil, if gasoline fell to $3.29 / gallon, too !

9. TheGentleman

TheGentleman TS Member

Thank you Wolfram. Worth the drive to Fallon for that price. I just paid 39 a bag in California and thought that was a great deal.

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

If you wish to see the price drop even lower refuse to buy it at $30 for a $25lb bag and wait until the price drops to $25 for a $30lb bag of shot.

If you wait they will realize that it is a consumer dictated market instead of a manufacture dictated market.

11. wolfram

I doubt you can justify much road time on the lower priced shot but if you do end up in Fallon, bring a shotgun and check out our range. We are open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon (1:00-?) and first& third Sundays.

12. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

If the economy, fuel...etc. keeps going the way it is, I think shot will fall lower than I have seen it in 30 years. Shot has the possibility of selling way less than $10.00 a bag!

Mark R

13. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

How does that work? dollar drops, gas goes up, and shot some how gets cheaper? please explain.

14. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

I'm in Lincoln, Ca. and I'll sell an unopened 25# bag for $25.00

15. DJM

DJM Member

Rifle Guy - Let me try that one. Discretionary income is reduced as fuel & food prices increase. Virtually all of the shooting sports are funded with discretionary income. Hence lower demand = lower prices.

16. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

RIFLE GUY

Shot is about as far away from a necessity as you can get. Not that I believe it, but the stock market is talking about $15.00 and more for a gallon of gas. Food may follow in it's tracks. If all this comes true, recreational shooting will only be a memory. The price of lead continues to fall because different alternatives are used to fill the need mainly because of the dangers involved of its long term effects. If nobody is shooting there will be absolutely no demand for shot.

Mark R

17. Cray

Cray Member

Lead price as of this a:m, $0.9411! China must have stopped making toy's! Cray

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is $.91 a pound now. HMB

19. wolfram

Mark R,

I read an article today about $10-$15 gas, like you I don't want to believe it. But your right if that does occur nobody will give a hoot what a bag of shot costs. Perhaps we should stock up on OO buck loads and non perishable food. Generally I'm pretty optimistic but it's getting pretty scarey out there.

20. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

We along with other nations rely heavily on oil for every manufacturing process there is not to mention direct use for transportation. Oil companies and all others that generate income through the sale of oil all and its byproducts are well aware of this and I'm not sure there is a stopping point. One of the worst things I am seeing going on right now is oil companies trying to get involved in alternative fuels. They are robbing us blind now and it will continue with the monopoly of alternative fuels if they get a grip on it.

Mark R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.