1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

30-06 silvertips

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by aabradley82, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking for a couple of boxes of 30-06 150gr silvertips. Not the ballitips. If anybody has some they would like to sell pm me please.

Andrew

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

Andrew, are you talking actual Silvertips like Winchester used to make, or simply soft point ammo? Bullet technology has changed immensely for the better since the Silvertips. (I'm remembering those as 50's through 70's bullet technology)

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I feel your pain. In my younger days I used Winchester 150gr Silvertips in my 30-30 for deer hunting. Excellent round. Mushroomed decently and retained nearly all of its weight. Wish it was still made, but the newer version is the Ballistic Tip style.

4. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

0   0   0

Wireguy, I am looking for the real silvertips with the aluminium cap. To me they are one of the best deer bullets ever. I have had more DRT shots with them than any other, including new designs. I guess bullets are like everything else, my favorite is someone else's junk.

Andrew

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Do you load? I think I have some bullets.

Steve

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

I didn't know they had an aluminum cap. Someone please explain the construction to me.

7. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It was just an aluminum cap on a lead tip, nothing really special. They did look good. I would choose a Nosler AccuBond over them in a heartbeat.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Do you reload and have a bullet puller? See link.

Bob Falfa

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

I guess the aluminum cap protects the lead tip. Not a bad idea if you carry your spares in a pocket.

10. Captain Smoke

Captain Smoke Member

0   0   0

you have a pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.