1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3 point hitch tractor question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by steele, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

I'm interested in getting a 3 point hitch back-hoe setup for my tractor. It is a 600 series Ford, w/an 800 series engine, approx 40HP. I know it will not be as good as a dedicated back-hoe. I only need it for light duty around a small farm. Has anyone tried anything like this? How reliable are they? It seems Kabota & Woods have the most expensive, so I'm thinking they are of higher quality( they are both brand name companies) Any imput/info appreciated.

Butch from Pgh

2. BT99

BT99 Member

I had a 33 HP with a backhoe on it. It did all I wanted it to do.
    I sent you a PM also.

3. steele

steele TS Member

It was a 3 point setup?

4. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

It will do light work with out much of a problem. The reach is short so it is some what limited in what you can do. That has been my experience. Tom

5. Kubota Bill

Kubota Bill TS Member

As you can tell by my name I am a Kubota Dealer. My personal opinion is 3 point backhoes are not as solid as subframe but for your use and 3 point may be OK. The Kubota model you want to look for is the BH4690 for 90" of digging depth ot the BH4572 or BH4672 for 6 feet of depth. Make sure you also get the PTO pump and tank, that way you will not have to plumb into tractor hydralics. If you do not have a loader definitely get the smaller backhoe as it may make you light on the front axle. Hope this helps.

6. steele

steele TS Member

Mr. Bill, Where are you located? What is an approx price on the models you suggested? I'd like to buy new if possible.

Butch fom Pgh

7. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I just ran a Woods hoe on a 90hp JD all last weekend and it was a nice unit but about as jerky as any I have ran. This may have been the due to a number of things and want lay it all on the hoe. If you can run any you are considering before you buy.
    Carey

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Also you might try looking around for a used one, they seldom get over used, and they are A LOT cheaper than new

9. steele

steele TS Member

I did find one used one, but the pins were so bad, I couldn't control it. The guy wanted $3500 for it, and wouldn't budge on price. I checked with local tractor shop & they wanted $1500+ to repair it. I found off brand models on the net for 4-5000, but they didn't really impress me quality wise.

Butch from PGH

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I guess it might be differant now, I had one a few years back and almost had to give it away, I really didn't like it, and bought a good used backhoe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.