1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3" Model 12/Convert to Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shipbuilder, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

Has anyone converted a 3" Model 12 Duck gun to a trap gun? The results? I am thinking a bit heavier gun would reduce recoil,but I am not sure if the dynamics would work. Your thoughts?
    Jim

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

That used to be a common conversion and I have owned one I think and shot several others

Works out nice but you might want to just find one that has already been converted

Gene

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I have one for sale. 30" barrel, Simmons rib. Nice wood. $750 plus shipping/insurance.

email or PM me.

Regards and good shooting,

Dave

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I built one had Simmons put the Winchester Spade Blade on the reciever, and add matching Vent Rib, Got 2 seta of Trap Wood from Wenig at Missouri Handicap, one set for me and a set for Money Maker.

Plus I bought one w/Simmons wood at the shoot for $400.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have one with? Graff wood 3 inch I use it for games a load of 6;s at 60 yards will get it done when I get it right which is not often enough.

6. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Did it to a 32" Duck. Makes a great Game gun. Had Roger Ubanks put round post on it. Got some Trap wood for it, now just alot of fun .

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Just Imagine a 3 inch Model 12 w/ Soft Touch, and Winchester Spade Ramp and Simmond rib that matched a factory Model 12, now that would be a Games gun Perfecto

Gary

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Model 12 Trap gun with a Laminated stock on it that weighs in at a tad over 10#'s, soft shooter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.