1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3 inches high at 13 yards.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rhymeswithorange, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

My guns are set to shoot center of pattern 3 inches high at 13 yards. What would that be in percentage terms, i.e. 80/20? Thanks in advance.

Dave Eberhart

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Will look for it, thank you.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

3 inches high at 13 yards would be 80/20, 9 inches high at 40 yards would be 80/20 also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Found it, thanks WPT and Zardoz

5. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I did this chart based on full choke putting 70% in a 30 inch circle at 40 yards. Assuming 3 inches high at 13 yards is 9 inches high at 39 yards, I'd say 80/20 is right.

Danny

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z16/dmarbell/Trapshooters/?action=view&current=POI.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Love it.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Of course, if the pattern size at 13 yards was only 6 in diameter, then your 100% high, right?

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Unless you're shooting one of G.Bryant's famed "19 inch patterns" ...

Bob

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rhymes. Put a bead space and get it to 100%. Adn tell us about your new gun. How does it feel to hold and shoot it? I shoot mine with a bead space qnad it consisently puts the center mark at 5 to 6" above the cross hatch at 13 yards. This is a TM1 shooting about 70/30
    [​IMG]
    This MX3 shoots 100% high with a bead space.
    [​IMG]

10. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

MIA, out of the box it shot totally flat for me. Missed just about everything I shot at. Took it to the patterning board, shot my current gun at one plate and then shot the MX3 at the plate next to it until it shot at the same spot moving comb higher. Added at least 1/4 inch to comb. All i had time for was another round of singles, shot a 24 with it. I have about 2 beads worth of space. Gun feels good, opens and closes like new. Wood on it looks great in person. Happy with it.

Dave Eberhart

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

David. a good friend and TM1 customer of mine just set up the TM1 he just boguht from me and using the above method you describe, he is just shooting lights out with his new gun an is ecstatic. Congrats on beginning with the new gun the right way. He too is from your area although he shoots at Northbrook.

Jack. BTW, I broke 85 in yesterda's handicap and missed some as you can tell, but became one with the gun once again.It is the MX3 I sold to another poster, and then took it back in on trade. Not leaving me this time.

Shoot well Dave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.