1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3 in the Air at 10 Below !!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

The Competition 1100 is going to get a workout !!!

2. Cush

Cush TS Member

By noon it was only 2 below. :)

Shot 7/8 oz. over 17.3 gr. of Clays in the SX-1 and had one gun-mal. out of the 150. Half had Fed. 209A primers and half had Rio's. Couldn't tell any difference. Kept the shells at room temp after loading them then kept them in the car at the range until needed.

My clothing, however, needs a little work.

3. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Just bought a pair of Baffin winter boots that are rated to -148.Now I have no idea where they test that at,but they work really well for 98 bucks.Milwaukee heated jackets with the bigger batter worked really well too.Arctic Cat wind stopper gloves and hand warmers in each one worked great also,I just had a ball cap on with my headphones on and carhartt bib overalls on over a fleece pants.The 1100 Competition never missed a beat period,keep then clean no oil and dry lube the action and will have no problems !!!

4. Cush

Cush TS Member

Finally, somebody with some sense in this thread!

5. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Someone did question my santiy on wednesday league when it was ten or twelve below,but when asked to fill in he jumped right in and shot.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You guys up North (way up North) are some hearty souls.....LOL If it gets below 70 degrees where I live, it's huddle up and read a book.....Snow? We ain't got no stink'in Snow!

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Older now and can't take the cold anymore but did my share of cold weather shooting when younger. I enjoyed reading this post as it proves there is such joy in this game and need to shoot that we will do what ever is necessary to burn some powder. When I moved to Florida in 1988 I always jumped in the pool for Xmas it was because I was from up north N.J. and my neighbors thought I was crazy. Around 2000 I had to stop I became climatized and could not take the cold anymore.
    Merry Xmas to All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.