1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3 Holes around BT-99 Firing Pin Hole?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I have a BT-99, and have had it for about 6 or 7 months. I noticed these holes right off when I first bought it, and didn't know what they were or what they did and that has bothered me for a while now. So now I'm asking anyone one here...What are the 3 holes around the firing pin hole for? Are they there to extract any gas that escapes out of the primers? I know they're there for a reason. Any insight is appreciated, Josh.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The holes are for a tool made for the task to remove the bushing and service the firing pin. The pin comes out the front of the receiver.

The problem with this system is when the firearm gets miles and years on it, the bushing does not want to come out when you need it to.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Now that I have no more BT-99's I can talk smart. Maybe it would be a good idea to remove the bushing and put anti seize on the threads.

HM

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Jollytrapshooter I think that what you discrib is a repair for a worn out firing pin hole. It is explained in the add from the gunsmiths site

Bob Lawless

5. BT-99MAX

BT-99MAX Member

Josh: Those 3 holes are for the removal of the firing pin, bushing and spring and can be purchased from Brownells, (www.brownells.com), under their part number 800-741-0015. It is called a "3-pin firing pin bushing tool." I bought mine in late 2002, and at that time it sold for $19.95 plus shipping. The tool takes a 1/2" socket for removal and installation. BT-99MAX

6. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

The english refer to it as a "bushed striker"removeable from the face.Jack

7. GRABLE

GRABLE Member

Thanks guys. I also have been wondering about these 3 holes. I am going to order the tool tomorrow, however is the part # right 800 741 0015? THANKS!

8. BT-99MAX

BT-99MAX Member

Josh and Grable: The part number I listed above is just a general listing. The correct part number for the tool is 590-017-003. Sorry for the error. Thanks - BT-99MAX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

forum bt 3 hole