1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$3.29 per gallon

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rooferbob, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I guess our campaign to not buy gas for a day did'nt do shit for the prices here in Cincy I just filled up with the cheap stuff for $3.29.
    May be we need another idea!

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

No offense, but I was paying that a few weeks ago here in California. We're up to and over $3.40 a gallon where I am. It was nice to pay $3.29 in Reno this past weekend -- a bargain!

3. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

YeeeHaaaa!

2.97.9 you guys are making me feel good about paying almost 3 bucks for a gal. of gas. Keep up the good work.

4. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

yeah here in grand rapids michigan we're paying $3.50 per gallon for the cheap stuff, i also miss $3.29 gas it costs me over $40 to fill up my stupid little car with a 12.8 gallon tank, i used to be able to fill it for $25-30 a couple months ago!!!

5. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

lets start a campaign to boycott all Exxon gas stations. I think i read that they are making the most money over this right now. May put a hit on the big guy and it will come down??

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Just read in the paper that places in Cali are over 4 a gallon.

They say maintenance shutdowns is causing the price surges.

If I may not be mistaken as my dad was a Sunoco Refinery manager for 30 plus years, they had shutdowns every year for maintenance.

The gas and oil compainies finally figured it out that they can do what ever we want and there is nothing to stop them. We will have to buy at what ever price they are selling.

just like a crack head and the dealer. Instead of Gov. getting the suppliers they go after the druggies.

We're hooked and they aint a damned thing we can do about it. And we all know it.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

OK, here's the facts once again: Boycott Exxon, Shell, Chevron, and so on and all you're doing is hitting the retailer who has no control. Exxon, Shell, and Chevron will still be adding their product to the pipe line and delivering it to all those trucks lined up at the outlet to receive and deliver. You'll still be buying Exxon, Shell, and Chevron products just at a different retailer. Driving less, MUCH less is the way to make an impact - immediately for your benefit and eventually to the refinery....Bob Dodd

8. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

exactly we all need gas so those little leeches are gonna suck every penny we're worth for it.

9. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Paying $3.49 in northern lower Michigan. The way to slow this down is for the whole country to not go to work for a week and see if something isn't done then. Big business doesn't like it when there products sit in warehouses.

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

US$3.79/USgal in Alberta and it's goin' up!!

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Nothing is going to change until the economy starts to slow down. Oil is almost 8 bucks a barrel "cheaper" than it was during the last price hike, and gas prices are still at an all time high. Boycotts SOUND good and would work ONLY if everybody could get on the same page(which just won't happen). Consuming less won't help either. They sell LESS amounts to you at DOUBLE the price. Also don't give me "George Bush is an oil man" crap. The fact is more Democrats in power own stock in oil companies than the Republicans do. As long as they do ANY poloitican who says he/she is going to fight high gas prices is talking out of BOTH sides of their mouth. I guess the SUPPLY and DEMAN argument IS right. There is a high "demand" and the oil companies will "supply" it, but it's going to cost you out the @&&!

12. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

In time we will think $4.00 per gallon is cheap. Where will the Democratic party get it's money for socialized medicine? Think where this is going. Michael

13. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

You may as well try to boycott food. Boycotting for one day?
    Usage patterns remain the same for most of us especially if you work every day.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Phil...Good point...but we have to "welcome" those wanting to come to our country since they will do the jobs that "nobody else will do". BS BS BS

Now if you would all ride motorcycles, that would cut a lot of consumption on a daily basis. You could still keep trucks and large vehicles when you have to have them. I have seen most days that almost EVERY vehicle has only ONE person it driving to and from work. If more rode a vehicle that got between 38 and 50 MPG, just think how much gas we would have.....

15. 12 Gage

12 Gage Member

Gas in Ontario is 107.9 a litre that works out to 431.6 a gallon. Right now 3.29 a gallon sounds cheap to what we are paying

16. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Gas just hit 3.39 a gallon here in central nebraska.

17. billyc

billyc TS Member

Sgt. Mike & OICU812 If you are so narrow minded to believe that the Dem's are making the money just ask yourself who has been making the money the last 7 years?? big O and their #1 fan George Bush. Gas was getting this high last summer also if you remember. But i guess to go along with narrow mindedness there is also a certain short memory also.

18. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

The current President, Vice President and Secretary of State, all came from the oil industry. When Bush was in trouble in the polls before the November elections, the price of gas mysteriously came down. When the GOP lost control of both houses of congress, it suddenly went back up...... Partisan politics and repayment of political favors NEVER stops. If the Democrats were totally in power all this time, it would just be a different kind of partisanship.

With the time proven 2 party systemt the names and the faces sometimes change, the the politics do not.....

19. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

What cracks me up is the people here who bitch about the fuel cost but still pay the $25.00+ for shot!!

The people who can afford to buy the large fuel hogs keep going to the pumps with the ol credit cards and keep fillin er up, and the same goes for the shot.

You have to quit buying these things for them to come down, curb the driving for work only, quit buying the shot for a bit, and watch the items come down.

ol 12

20. AdamsRibs

AdamsRibs TS Member

Hey, the ones who amaze me are the 'yuppies' who ride around
    in whatever vehicle, bitching about $4 per gallon gas, but at
    the same time drinking water out of plastic bottles at $1 per
    pint. Talk about dumb???
    AdamsRibs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.