1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3.20.2011 ATA @ OCSC - Iowa

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

First Iowa ATA shoot of calender 2011 will be held at Otter Creek SC of Cedar Rapids this coming Sunday.

Practice trap opens at 9:30 am & program begins at 10. 100 singles, 100 handicap & 50 pair of doubles are what is on tap for the day.

Come on out & shake the cob webs off ol' Betsy and see your long lost trapshooting buddies. Yes, there will be at least one card game going on and yes, the Tina will have the kitchen open. And YES, Bubba, Sven & Ole' will be in attendance offering intellectual trapshooting tidbits for your consideration.

As always, we appreciate your business. John in Iowa

2. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

John:

I got this 8 1/2 x 11 blue sheet of paper that says the practice trap opens at 9:30 and the program starts at 10:00.

Got me thinking I had better find my membership and average cards.

Gayle

3. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Good catch Gayle. I have corrected the post. Thank You. John

4. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

BTW - We will have the TV tuned to CBS so you can follow the NCAA hoops games. Looking forward to seeing many of our trapshooting friends that we haven't seen since last fall. Should be in the mid 50 temp wise. John in Iowa

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't rain, I have to be in Iowa City the following monday so I'm shooting all three programs. But I do carry a rain suit. lol :)

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

L T S - Looking forward to seeing. I am not going to worry about the rain forecast too much at this point. Things can change quickly. Though they did lower the rain chance by 10% for Sunday.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

URL for Sundays Program.

http://www.ottercreeksc.com/images/events/7662Mar%2020%202010%20ATA%20Shoot%20Notice.pdf

They got the website corrected & it is back up. Thanks Guys. Looking forward to seeing you at Otter Creek this Sunday.

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Local weather folk say 57 with rain early in the day but should be gone by mid morning. Trap houses are loaded. Rumor has it that Bubba, Sven & Ole' have been working on a new "River Dance" routine. A Little Bird mentioned something about Tutu's and the color pink in the same sentence. Of course that came through a 6th party.

10. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Due to lightning we did not start the 16s until about noon. Cloudy skies all day and SSE winds in the 10-20 range. Once we got past the early lightning/rain issues we did not have any further interruptions.

We had 15 shooter for singles. High was 98 by Terry Elder. Had approx 17 or 18 shooters for caps. Andy Schwickerath (was 20.5. now +1 ) broke 97 for high. Errol Lindsey followed w/ a 96 from 19.5 (now +.5). High doubles were a pair of 91s but I don't recall who the shooters (10 program shooter here) were.

It was great to see our friends from previous shoots in attendance as well as some new faces. As usual there was a card game happening with some friendly words thrown across the table. Tina had the grill going and there was plenty of bantering all around the clubhouse.

We thank all who attended. Your patronage is gratifying and appreciated. John in Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.