1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3 1/4 x 1 1/4 and Porting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slik, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slik

slik TS Member

Please forgive me for bringing up the subject of barrel porting. But I had to do it.

I shoot 3 1/4 x 1 1/4 oz. only, in a 30" K-80 and am directing my question to other shooters who shoot 1 1/4 oz. loads. Do you think porting will (or has for you)reduce(d) muzzel jump and if so what porting would you recomend. I need to tame this gun down a little to get into the second shot better. Thanks.

D.W. Sliker

2. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

I hope your shooting those loads for practice only. But as for the porting, I noticed a signifigant reduction of muzzle jump when I ported my beretta

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

My guess would be that he is using it for pigeons. Send the gun to Magna-Port and have it Ported. It will ELIMANATE the Muzzel jump. You know how crucial that second shot it and you see how many of the other guys have there barrels ported.Jeff

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

ANGLE PORTING!!!!!!!!

Get the bottom barrel pigeon ported.

23 gr Unique, Gold Medal Hull, Fed 209A primer, WAA12 or clone wad and 1 1/4oz of your favorite size shot makes a soft shooting "Super Pigeon" load! It DOES need some help with muzzle flip.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I shoot a lot of games and use a similar shell for back-up shots. I've shot with both ported and unported guns and can't really tell a difference in muzzle flip. I have noticed a big difference in whether the gun had a recoil system on it. I'd rather spend my money on a good recoil system than porting anyday!

ec90t

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

My barrels are ported. After I shoot, they move down, not up.

Pat Ireland

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Like Pat said, barrels ported with a good system move down in recoil, not up. This keeps the comb out of your face, reducing felt recoil. At the end of the day, numbers mean less than how you feel, fatigue issues, bruises, etc.

My Angle Ported Krieghoff barrels drop when shooting, making the second shot of Dubs easier and singles a joy.

If I shoot an unported gun, I guarantee you I can tell the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.