1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2nd shot on doubles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

I'm having a hard time hitting the second shot on doubles. I'm a new shooter of this game only 300 rounds fired. I use a Remington 1100 classic trap with the singles choke (improved mod). The person running the shoot said I was over shooting the second shot by 1 1/2 feet or so? I thought I was using the same aim as the first shot? Is it were the target may be falling by the time I get to it and I'm shooting over it?

2. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I have found that using a O/U is better because you don't get that clang the way you do with an auto. Try to barrow one from someone at the range. I use IM and FULL. I would rather use IC and IM.

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

It should still be on the way up or at the very least not going down yet. Try shooting the first bird just a tad faster. John

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Sorry but I almost forgot. Stand with your feet planted for the second shot. Kind of unwind from the first. John

5. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Believing the assement is correct and you really miss high is a big leap of faith. But assuming it is correct, I will give you the secret. You must approach the second target from behind and below. If you do this, you cannot miss high - as a matter of fact, you cannot miss at all.

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

If your head isn't where it was for the first shot and you are getting kicked loose, go to lighter loads and then work on staying in the gun. If you are shooting the second bird before it peaks,you'll be coming at it from behind and under. Try different gun holds, holding further back with the lead hand has helped a lot of shooters smooth out shooting doubles.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Coming out of the gun on the second shot is a common problem. Shoot the first bird rather fast and get it out of the way. Grip the gun firmly and keep your head down. Do not aim the gun. See the second bird well and just let the gun go off.

Pat Ireland

8. washandwear

washandwear Member

What Pat said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.