1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2nd Question will the "GRAND" be up or down?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

2nd Question will the

Neil cannot control the economy. Cost willkeep attendance at an all time low

2. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

2nd Question will the

Papa: Get a life!

3. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

2nd Question will the

Some ambitious soul should start a pool to guess the number of individuals to enter the Grand American Handicap.

I'll buy a ticket on 2367. Let me know where to send my dollar.
    [​IMG]

4. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

2nd Question will the

Way down for sure. With the increase in shell price having a small effect, the gas prices are going to have a huge effect, not doubt about it.
    -Phantom

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

2nd Question will the

Now, when I first read this thread I was going to say as Papa and some others that I think that It would be way down as well. With shell prices, gas prices, and the heat that I know will be keeping shooters from going. Its hot down here were I shoot and the locals I have talked to that went last year or the year before all said they will not be going back, its way to HOT. But r44u77 has made a very good point. There may be a good number of shooters go, before they hang it up. It will be interesting to see what happens. Break-em all. Jeff

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

2nd Question will the

RVator97- BIG PAPA gave an opinion and stated why he thought so. Why do you seem to dismiss opinions just because you disagree? State why YOU feel he is wrong. Just curious.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

2nd Question will the

It was a plot by the ATA and the state of ILL for a low pressure cell to get stalled over TN and stayed there for over a week and half causing the high temp. I believe it was similar in IN, TN, KY, MO and OH that same week but do we hear any shit about that? no just that Sparta was hot. I have said it before that I have been to shoots just as bad in Vandalia high temps and very high humidity, people falling over and a couple dying. Where was all the clamor over that. Staying home because of economics is one thing, but to blame it on the weather is just a dumb ass sorry excuse.

Don

8. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

2nd Question will the

Let's hope that attendance is up and increases yearly. Gas will become a bigger factor each coming year I hope not too big. Looks like lead is coming down. But I can't see that stopping anyone from going to the Grand. People developed a feeling of belonging for Vandalia. That will hopefully, with time come to Sparta.

Ohio is having one hell of a lack of jobs here now. And the money is just not there.

I enjoy Cardinal Center and don't really feel the NEED to do the Grand. I think that the state shoot will out grow the present home grounds. As it is growing bigger with each shoot. They will have to limit the entries before too much longer.

Rock

Jim

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

2nd Question will the

With gas toppig well over 4 bucks a gallon, ammo cost by over 30%, lodgging and meals way up, I don't see anyway POSSIBLE that numbers won't decline. Many working class families are being hit hard to make ends meet right now. The Grand has always had lots of low target number shooters who went for a fun trip just to see it and look around. Those shooters(unless they live with eassy driving distance) won't make the trip this year. It will hard for a shooter to convience wifey that even though they can't go out to eat anymore, get the washer fixed, buy Johnny and Susie a new bike, or buy the kids new clothes, they have enough money to head off on a trip to ILL to blast targets. Also job responsibilities will be greater for some. With many companies downsizing and laying off workers those left will have to work more hours to keep up production. Those who have lost jobs will now be in jobs in which they are the newbies with low senioity and no vacation time built up. There are several factors driving the train, but my prediction is numbers will be off a lot this year.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

2nd Question will the

Most of the larger shoots have been down a little this year. The basic pattern I, and others, have seen is that the early days of the larger shoots are around the same as last year but the usual big bump in attendance the last 2-3 days has not been as big as in the past. There are exceptions (NC State) to this pattern, but the pattern does seem to be wide spread. With proper planning, the attendance can be down a bit and profits from the shoot can actually increase.

Pat Ireland

11. RLC323

RLC323 Member

2nd Question will the

Down a bit. It would be down even more if you could not bring your own shells and were required to purchase premium ammunition from the ATA as it was in Vandalia.

Pre-Grand seems a better value for the money as you get the opportunity to shoot more targets per day. If you are paying $20 a day to camp or for a motel room and the long drive, the more targets the better the value. Class championship Monday has seemed like a "ghost-town" the last few years compared to the preliminary Sunday crowd, expect that to continue or be worse. The idea of sticking around and the associated costs, for 400 singles, 100 doubles, 100 handicap on Mon-Tues-Wed, of Grand week does not appeal to me and is not a good value.

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

2nd Question will the

My bet is that it'll either be up or down....

Any takers?

Curt

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

2nd Question will the

Down 10%!!

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

2nd Question will the

The local shoots are down so that will probably have the same effect on the Grand being as all related costs continue to go up ... The costs for the average person are border line out of reach and will probably have an adverse effect of more and more people every year unless something happens in the very near future to stablize the economy ... Gas, Food, Lodging and shell costs are out of control and will have a negative effect on all of the shoots, not only the Grand ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

2nd Question will the

Still sorry there is no more Vandalia. Was a pleasure to shoot there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.