1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28ga Tubes for 12ga SxS...Who?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

hello....I would like to get some 28ga tubes for my 12ga Win....SxS...who/where at a reasonable price? Thanks, WC

2. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Kolar. You won't be sorry.
    Pat Haskins

3. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

or Briley, better service imo

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Briley Companions will probably give the most bang for the buck. No need to send the gun to Briley for Companions.

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Companions may not fit your SxS. Try before you buy! There are many issues--chamber dimensions----bore size---choke constriction in your gun. I've had numerous Companion sets and they do NOT drop in all guns--esp. SxS's.

6. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Go with Briley;call first and tell them what SxS you have.At worst,you might have to send your barrel for them to fit.Don't overlook the "short"tubes like Chambermates for occasional use.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I've shot my Briley Companion tubes in my SKB model 100 SXS and they work perfectly.. Remember..there are 2 types of extractors for the Briley tubes.. or at least when I bought them.. You'll need to tell them what they are for..

Kolar is a better setup.. as the have a set dimention for the forcing cone..so there tubes seem more solidly seated in the barrel.. but the barrels must be sent to Kolar for that tiny modification.. IMHO.. both are excellent but having many Briley choketubes for their tube sets makes me go to Briley..

All Good.. Mike

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Briley Companion - $475 new, drop-ins, screw-in chokes, and buying used is sometimes possible, re-sale possible.

Kolar - $575, fixed chokes, tubes fitted and therefore gun must be sent to Kolar for fitting.

Kolar - $675, changeable screw-on chokes, tubes fitted and therefore gun must be sent to Kolar for fitting.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I too say go with Briley's!!! The two companies charge the same price for the same tubes. Briley will give you one extra choke with each set of ga's you buy. There chokes are cheaper if you want to buy extra ones. They also give you a better warrenty after the fact. Kolar as stated above will want your barrel to cut the forceing cones in your barrel because they will not tube a gun with standard chambers. This can remove any chome finish that protects your barrels from mosture and rust. Call Briley and talk to Gary and see what he says. It will not cost you any extra for fitted tubes and the chances for finding companions that will work in your barrel or trying to sell them to someone down the road is very slim. Good Luck and Break=em all. Jeff

10. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Some guy over on Shotgunworld is selling a set of Briley 12-28 Sidekicks for $150. If you buy them and like the way they fit, you can send them to Briley to get them converted into full length Companion tubes for about another $200.

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Those used Sidekkicks may make sense for you. You get a cheap try that may be good enough. If not, send them to Briley for full length tubes. But I'd call Briley first just to check their current policies and pricing on that service.

12. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Briley..this one doesn't even require thought.

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Seminole Chambermates are another option.

Sort. They have an o-ring so the gases don't get back to the chamber face.

They've worked well for me shooting league skeet.

14. checker

checker Member

GaugeMate GOLD - Only $169.99 per pair
    including accessories.

Fit tight in your gun's 12 Ga chamber, remove with tool.....www.gaugemate.com/gold.htm

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

teubs sxs