1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28ga Choke or not?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I recently purchased a 28ga 1100 and have been using it for skeet. I have been averaging 23 with it but it has a fixed modified choke and have been trying to decide whether to have chokes put on it. I have looked around and haven't found a used barrel with screw in chokes or a fixed skeet. I would kinda like to keep the mod barrel for dove and don't won't to mess up the barrel or make changes that will adversely affect my shooting. Appreciate your remarks and ideas. Jackie B.

2. coltlover

coltlover Member

I too purchased one of these earlier this year. Mine is the 28 Sporting model w/ 27" barrel & Briley extended chokes. With the skeet choke, the gun smokes targets. I imagine with your mod choke, you get "Ink Dots". You should be able to purchase the sporting barrel directly from Remington.

Regards,

Mark McManus

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Try Corson's site above. I personally like screwchokes in a 28, but I use the twenty-eight for training students. A tight choke with 7 1/2's in a 28 will boil a Trap target at the 16.

Like the man said, a Skeet choke will vaporize a Skeet target.

4. rea5339

rea5339 TS Member

Look at the Remington parts list... I purchased a new barrel with chokes from remington for around $200.00. I also didn't want to take a chance on messing up my modified barrel. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.