1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28 STS Hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Todd1, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd1

Todd1 TS Member

Can you use the Duster 2834 Wads or the CB-5034-HS in the 28 STS Hulls?

2. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Yes on the duster, and I do not use the CBuster on sts and old style AA's but I know folks who do with satisfactory results.

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I use Red Duster and Purple DownRange in these hulls. I like the DownRange wad.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Todd, you can check the website at hodgdon.com and see if you can with all their powders. There is much more info on that site than on Alliants site. Off the top of my head Yes you can load a duster in a STS hull. No you can only use a HS wad in a Win. AA HS hull, not on a STS hull. But I would check hodgdon's site and see if they have any loads listed, even if you use a different powder just see if they have any. If they don't list any loads with that wad in any of their powders (which are many) then I say no you can't. Good luck and Break-em all. Jeff

5. notarget

notarget TS Member

The Alliant manual lists loads for STS hulls with both of these wads and 2028 powder. I have tried the Duster wad and did not like it with Unique as I thought it did not seal well enough to give adequate pressure in the STS hull. Have not tried the HS wad in anything but HS hulls Which is all I will use as long as I can get them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

duster 2834

duster 2834 28 gauge wads
duster 2834 replacement
duster 2834 wad
duster 2834 wad for sale
duster 2834 wads for sale