1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28 gauge wad recommendation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by newcastle, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newcastle

newcastle Member

Hi, I'm currently reloading old style winchester hulls and I'm in need for some more wads, I'm currently using nothing but dust red dusters waa28 and I'm thinking of trying the downrange pc blue 28, Is anyone using the downrange and do you think there will be much of a issue having to readjust my shot drop ect
    going from the red duster to the downrange.
    thanks much

2. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I HAVE BEEN USING THE PC BLUES AND THEY WORK GREAT ...I HAVE ALSO USED THE FEDERALS, AND THE REMINGTON. THEY DON'T LOAD OR SHOOT ANY BETTER FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN. THEY ONLY COST MORE. USE THE BLUES AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY...BEST PART THEY DONT COST A LOT AND THEY ARE MADE OF GOOD PLASTIC THAT DON'T FOULE UP THE CHOKES.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I am loading the Downrange PC 28 (blue) in the old style AA's with IMR SR 7625 and they work great! The PC 28 wad also loads well with Hodgdon Universal Clays in the old style and HS AA hulls.

Jim Skeel

4. skrap

skrap Member

I have used the Downrange PC 28's for years. I always had very good success. I was pleased when Downrange took over Pattern Control.

Skrap

5. creek

creek Member

I just switched to Downrange for my 28 gauge from Dustbusters. I tryed my first box this morning and they load and shoot great. I was using dust busters and they left too much plastic in the barrel, and Nothing but Dust brand gave poor pressure problems. The only problem with Downrange is that they are not available in NC and I have to pay high shipping costs.
    John

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Newcastle, I'm not sure what your haveing problems with. Are you useing Universal Clays powder??? You have the best wad in that hull I have used. They work great. If you want to get rid of them wads let me know and we can work out a deal. Break-em all. Jeff

7. newcastle

newcastle Member

Jeff, I'm not having any problems with my wads I just need to restock and I'm thinking of trying out the downrange one's because there slightly cheaper and I was just wondering how everyone likes them. thanks

8. The Stive

The Stive Member

I use them and I like them. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nothing but dust shotgun wads