1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28 Gauge STS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Todd1, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd1

Todd1 TS Member

SuperXJeff - What components are you using to get 21 reloads out of a AA HS 28 gauge hull?

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

In my post I told about loading a box until I had 21 cases out of the original box still going after 22 reloads. They were still holding the crimop togather well enough to get stated velocity over the cronograph. The load is as follows.

13.5 grains of Unique HS wad and a full 3/4oz of 9's with a winchester 209.

Some cases will fail as they did in our test much sooner but except for the few that failed right away we could still load the hulls that had gone 22 times agin. We don't shoot a rocket load either. Unless they changed the plastic I would be shocked if you couldn't load 15 times with any powder wad combo. The cases are the most pliable and least likely to crack or split I have ever seen. better then even the old style AA's when they used good plastic. It's all about the plastic. Winchester used junk plastic in the old hulls for a period and they would split on teh first or second reload. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.