1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28 gauge Remington hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cabman, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabman

cabman TS Member

I bought a used 28 mec 9000 reloader and need some shells for reloading...if someone can part with some please send m an email...I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE HARD TO FIND!!!

thanks for looking...

Bill

2. cabman

cabman TS Member

I bought a used 28 mec 9000 reloader and need some shells for reloading...if someone can part with some please send m an email...I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE HARD TO FIND!!!

thanks for looking...

Bill

3. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

28 ga winchester aa's are the best hulls out there to reload, your best bet is to buy new and reload those. If you do find some hulls they are very pricey

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Boxer has it right about the AA-HS 28 gauge hull, those are the ones you want.

These do come up for sale on this forum every now and then and range in asking price from $10 to $15 per hundred for once fired hulls. Normally they sell within a few hours of posting.

If you want to get started loading sooner than later, the best bet is to buy a couple of flats of factory loaded AA and enjoy shooting them while you build your hull collection. The factory load is also a good benchmark to use as a comparison to your home rolled stuff.

5. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Here you go but the guys are right buy a couple of flat check this site out
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx?Keywords=hulls
    Pete

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

How are Fed GM 28ga hulls for reloading?

7. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Federals are better nothing. They are prone to stick part of the hull in a tube if loaded more than about 3 times.

8. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

steer clear of the Fed's only 2-3 reloads, Remington 4-5, Win AA 10 .... this is for 28ga. only, in 12 ga Remmy's are the best IMHO

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I went through a whole dog and pony show with 28 guage loads. There was powder leakage in some of the loads, the wad was not a good fit. I had several combinations, due to scrounging all kinds of hulls, and 3-4 different wads.

Since you are starting out, you will be good to go with the AA28HS.

Contrary to popular opinion, you do not need the special wad for this one, as it costs way more.

STS 28 guage are ok too. Just stick with the same one for your sanity.

Before you try a combination, cut a shell apart and check the wad's fit in the overpowder area.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.