1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28 gauge reloads in 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Acer, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acer

Acer TS Member

I am shooting 28 gauge, old style AA and STS reloads in a Remington 1100 sporting and am having an occassional problem with ejection and also with hull sticking in chamber. Some of these shells have been reloaded 5 times on a MEC 9000G. Do I need to tighten down on the collet? Anyone else having this problem? Thanks for your input. Johnny Whidden

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

What diameter are you resizing the hulls to? What does the chamber look like (rough or smooth)? How often are you cleaning the chamber and gun?

3. sixten38

sixten38 Member

I have a 28 ga 1100 sporting and have ejection issues with the old cf WIN AA hulls as well. The ejector rips the brass, solution has been to use Remington sts or the new win AAHS hulls. No problem with either of those.

4. Acer

Acer TS Member

Skeet man, what diameter do I need to resize to, I have been shooting the hulls in a model 32 barrel set which is known to have large chambers, thanks

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

.626 -.009 (so .626 to .617) is SAAMI spec. I'd keep tightening the collet little by little until you reach the low end, and if the problem hasn't stopped by that point, your issue lies elsewhere.

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Use the 1100 barrel as a gauge, and set your collet sizer so the loaded shell drops into the chamber by gravity.

7. k3uro

k3uro Member

28 no problem, 410 can not be shot in my 1100 or 11-48 unless I run them through as old style re-sizer.

Jim

8. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I HAD THAT ISSUE WITH AN OLD 1100 SKEET. TOOK A WOOD DOWEL AND WRAPPED SHOTCHBRITE ON IT WITH SOME POLISHING COMPOUND. RAN IT THROUGH THE CHAMBER TO REMOVE THE ROUGH SURFACE AND OPEN IT UP A THOUSANTH OR SO. ALSO RAN IT THROUGH THE FORCING CONE TO SMOOTH AND POLISH IT. NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AFTER THAT. FYI 1100 28'S HAVE A WEAK EJECTER CLAW WHICH WILL SNAP ON YOU PREMATURELY IF YOUR CHAMBER IS TIGHT. A SPARE IS A GOOD THING TO KEEP IN YOUR CASE WITH THE SPARE O RING.

9. Reinz

Reinz Member

Be sure you are cleaning well under the ejector claw. A dirty one will pull the hull out due to the pressure of the bolt slamming forward, but may not release when overly fouled.

Pipe cleaners diped in solvent work well here, then follow up with a dry one.

Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

28 gauge 1100

rem 1100 28gauge ejection