1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28 gauge fiocchi shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I was in a store and seen fiochhi 28 gauge for 7.99 a box. The question is are these worth buying, the price is right.

Can they be reloaded 3 or 4 times, if so they would be worth the price. they looked like they were made of good plastic.

any comments would be helpful.

have a good veterans day.

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

If you are loading on a single-stage machine, and fiddle with the crimp a little, 3-4-5 loads is about right for the FIO - about like your Estates.

They are not AA or STS, however.

Bob

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I reload twice if I'm using in matches. Third reload is practice only, then discard. PT28 wad seems to be ok. I use Nobel Sports primer and Longshot powder. The Hodgdon website has data.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I wouldn't have old style AA's. The HS AA's will load 20 times without failing. The old style AA's might load 8. Jeff

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jeff, what kind of powder do you use? Actually, I would like to know what your complete load is. I have only been getting 5 reloads per AAHS hulls and 4 with STS hulls. One thing I have learned is if they are loaded to hot they will burn up faster. I had noticed that with my 410 AAHS hulls too. I have always used little gun with the 410's and will switch when this 8lber is used up. Jackie B.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

14.9gr longshot burns up the AAHS hulls pretty quick

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jack, Most all of us use Win. 296 or Hodgdon H110 powder, at my clubs where I shoot. Its both the same powder so buy whats cheaper by you. I wish I got 20 loads per hull in the baby bore. Break-em all. Jeff

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Maybe the hulls have changed? I bought ten flats just after they came out and have not had any "New" HS hulls in about 5 years. I load the old Unique load. 12.5 grains with an Hs wad and a winchester 209 as well as a full 3/4 OZ of shot. I have not seen the need to load Longshot or Universal clays as this load has worked for everything from starlings to targets by just changing shot sizes. I killed 6 ruffed grouse last weekened with this load and 3/4 of an OZ of copper 6's. It just hammers them with a 870 full choke. Jeff
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fiocchi 28 gauge