1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

28 gauge DownRange?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have loaded several thousand DownRange wads; 12 gauge Pink and Purple and around a thousand or two each of the 20 gauge and 410. Always had good results with them.

Based on this I ordered about 2000 of the 28 gauge wads. I opened the first bag last night. Huge disappointment! The first one I loaded stuck in the shot tube. Ok, off to the dryer you guys go I thought. Got them out of the dryer and begin looking and about one in three had at least 2 petals and some three of the four un-split and still stuck together. I spent the rest of the evening opening wads one by one, what fun. I had been loading Red Duster and was really disappointed at the quality control of these wads.

On another note, I notice the length of these wads is much more like a Remington wad. I am loading STS hulls, should I treat these wads like RXP/Remingtons instead of Winchester wads?

2. hwcn

hwcn Member

I recently bought some of the wads and I am extremely disappointed. Quality is terrible! Fingers stuck together, excess plastic on the edges of the fingers and sometimes in the shot cup. They do not load properly with my current recipe and I continually get shot spillage. Ironically the recipe I use was perfect with the older PC28 wads and worked flawlessly in remington, winchester, and federal hulls.

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I love all the other DownRange products I have tried. I guess I will go back to Dusters for 28 gauge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

downrange 28 blue