1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

27 years service out the door and thank you guys

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Longest gun, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longest gun

Longest gun TS Member

Well it happen this morning something I never would have thought. 27 years of service ,0 time missed , excellent yearly reviews throughtout company history . Cut loose this morning at 8:00 EST . Boss flew in from PA . I could see the writing on the wall being 1 of the top managers with my income capped out , vacation capped out 42 day a year + personal days . My Dad always told me son work hard keep your nose clean and you will be rewarded . New CEO moved here from UK is this the Amercian way ? Hey i had to vent thank you.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I have seen this before. You don't mention the company business but I suspect it has been bought out by a British company. Look for them to start contracting out products or services previously done in-house. You may find a position with one of the new contractors.

Robert

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it.

Here's hoping the best for you and your family!

Hauxfan!

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Man sorry to hear that but it's happening more and more, it's supposed to be against the law, but they will replace older workers with younger ones that will work for less

5. Longest gun

Longest gun TS Member

Thank you Guys it's been a very long day .

6. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Man I feel bad for you.
    Similar thing happened to my wife. She was one of the original five employees of her company.
    39 years of service. Investment bankers bought them out. Cut her salary by 40% take it or leave it. Former owners wouldn't stand up for her and gave her no compensation although they're multi-millionairs. Cheap bastards.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Longest gun. I'm sorry for the circumstances that you experienced. However, after working that long at one company, and if you are able to, take time off and enjoy your life no matter what you do. I was off for 4 wonderful years and rode the harley, learned how to shoot trap and just chilled out. Now I work out of my home but am looking to re-retire again in a year or so. Good luck and try to spin a positive out of it.

blade819

8. wlk

wlk Member

As time passes, so will this. From a person who has had his wife go this, I have gone thru this. Saving grace is to view as an opportunity, keep forward looking, Can't look back. Targets are out front!

Wayne

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I am terribly sorry to hear this. I have seen it before. My friend at Chase (the bank) ran a large computer department and was given a budget each year much smaller than the year before. In order to meet the numbers, he automated like crazy and laid of people each year. Finally, one of the largest numbers in the department budget was his salary and he felt the target being painted on his back. He went to another company as soon as he could.

10. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

LG, I am truly sorry about your circumstances!! I hate seeing anyone that dedicated get the shaft.

Oscar Ray

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

Loungest gun, I am sorry for your end to come this way. But lets look at a few things.
    27 years with the same company.
    Being paid at the top of your pay scale.
    8 weeks paid vacation plus personal days what ever these are.
    I would say that you have had a very good job for a long time.
    Be thankful for what you have had.
    Trevor Dawe.

12. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

It's a dang shame. Employees are just a number anymore. There is no loyalty or
    respect for your past employment record.

I hope you and your family can come thru this without too much hurt.

Vern

13. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Hard to imagine it now. But really, when one door closes, another one opens. Sounds to me like you are the kind of guy that will be successful at what ever you do. Sorry to hear your story, but sincerely wish you good luck in your next challenge. Little time off may not be a bad thing either. Good luck man.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sickening. Very sorry to hear that this happened to you, LG. Good luck & God Bless you.

-Gary

15. TC

TC TS Member

LG, been there done that after 25 years. They did you a favor even if it doesn't look that way today. You have to look at it as an opportunity to move on to the next stage. It will be better if you make it better. Tony

16. Longest gun

Longest gun TS Member

Hello guys thank you very much you know I was driving home tonight i called my brother to tell him the news . When i asked where were you last Sunday when i called to see if you and your wife wanted to go out to eat . He proceeded to tell me a good friend of ours was hospitalized for having Pancreatic cancer and while she was having treatment she had a stoke at the age of 55 . I stopped and realized I dont have any troubles right then an there and when i got home and the Mrs was there with a big hug and smile saying you know it time we spend a little time together . Thank you all for the warm support Guys Thanks I dont have any problems thank you Lord

17. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

It happened to my dad with 32 years of service. For a while he was lost but not out of a necessity for money but he needed to work. Its just him. At 74 years old last night he was selected for one of the most prized awards given nationally in the field he entered after that incident. He has said more than once it was a blessing, he just couldn't see it at the time. With nearly 34 years in my field I have seen a few go recently much like you were done.

Take your time. Step back and see what you would enjoy. Spend time with your family. Time will heal and a new opportunity will present itself. I hope one day you feel as my father. Good luck!!! Chris

18. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

Longest Gun:

Sorry to hear that nonsense. Although I have "lost" a couple jobs in my life I can't claim to know what you are going through. But with your past accomplishments I would suspect that you will end up even better than you were.

Hang in there and good luck.

respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

19. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Not an end, but a beginning!

Enjoy the hell out of the freedom, cut back a little where possible, and let them work themselves into an early grave.

20. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Longest Gun,
    Your last post speaks volumes about your integrity and the type of person you are. Thanks for reminding me how humble God intends for us to behave. Your message was received loud & clear and I am confident the next door will lead you to a better life than before. Good luck and thanks for the message. Jim W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

27 years of service to the company thank you