1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

27 yard doubles?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

does anyone shoot these for fun? Are they hard or easier than it sounds? Why don't they add this event to the ATA? Just thinking about things since there is too much snow on outside to do any shooting.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Tried it once. Very challenging, shall we say...

3. BMC

BMC Member

Personally I think 27 yard doubles is super fun! I read on here in a similar topic that the ATA once had 27 yard doubles, or at least considered it.
    You don't have to move the gun much and the few times I've done it, I've shot the same score from the 27 that I do from normal doubles on the 16.

4. alf174

alf174 Member

ATA had handicap doubles for one year (a couple ago) and dropped it because of little, if any, interest by the membership. Or Chuck Norris made it go away.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

It's a hoot!!.....very challenging!!!

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Whatever "happened to" Chuck Norris? Great doubles shooter.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Handicap doubles was a suggestion put forth by ATA, no records were kept. That's one reason it didn't fly. Hap

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would be more interested in shooting 14 yard doubles than 27 yard doubles.

Pat Ireland

9. alf174

alf174 Member

Chuck Norris doesn't have to use a shotgun for doubles; he uses his finger, points, whispers "Pull .... BANG BANG", and both targets are smoked.

10. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

targetmaster

Set the trap for doubles...then turn on the wobble motor.

Have fun

Gavin

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

DA,

You use a modified Winchester handset. The modification is a longer arm that will accommodate three targets.

We call the game "Triples." Two shooters on a team, each shooter has to break their angle target before going after the straight-away. Sometimes you have to use both of your shots to get your angle target. Then you better hope your partner was able to break his angle target on the first shot so he can pick up the straight-away. If you don't break your angle and shoot your second shot at the straight-away, it's a zero for that post. Three triples per post, 45 targets per round. After each round, the teams are moved up or back based on their score. We start at the 24 and there are usually three 45-target rounds to a "shoot."

12. BMC

BMC Member

V10, that sounds like fun! I need to start hangin' around different people..lol

13. traploader

traploader Member

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/traploader/NEW%20TrapLoader%20DS100/TrapLoaderDS100-AutomaticDoubles-Si.flv"></embed>

Here's your automatic doubles machine. Works for wobble doubles too! Ian

14. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

A few clubs "experimented" wiuth it a couple of years ago. The ATA asked for feed back. There was little participation. The general consensus was that it was hard enough to get shooters for "regular" doubles, much less from the 27.

15. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Great fun, we did use 27 yard doubles for shootoff targets but there was alot of whining going on. Still shoot them for fun occasionally.

16. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Our trap field has a skeet overlay so to we shot doubles from skeet stations 2-6. It was from about the 25 yrd line. Used 25 & 30 thou choke--great fun! As Mikey used to say, "try it, you'll like it"

Enjoy

Gavin

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Shot them once to settle a long, endless shoot-off. My doubles gun, a Perazzi, is choked for 16 yrd doubles. I think I was lucky in getting a long bb to break the targets.

Was interesting, but I now have Brileys for just this reason.

Whiz

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why, this is a gateway sport that could lead to more insidious sports like sporting clays or even skeet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.