1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

27 yard Doubles at Autumn Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by awbenz, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Shootoff was straight 5 rounds so Sean Hawley and Richard Marshall Jr went to the 27 to finish the Doubles Shootoff and it still went 2 rounds as Sean won by one. They didn't miss many from 27. What Talent.

2. lisalong

lisalong Member

Cool. I've always said we should make a handicap doubles event!

3. BMC

BMC Member

Handicap doubles is fun. I've done it several times and wish we could do it registered.

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Great report! Thanks.

Terry.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

It must have been enjoyable to watch. We need more of that in this game. Obviously it must have been the 2 shooters who chose to change the format, Good for them.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Even more fun from the 27 is oscelating doubles.

A renound shooter of fair efficiency once made this other lad always play that game for their shootoffs. That poor lad was just a youngster and didn't know any better either thus was somewhat taken advantage of.... If he'd bring his retired/tired butt out of hiding the game may again get played :)

Ooooohhhh Roger.

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Heresy! The graveyard in Vandalia is spinning!

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

P-MASTER,

Who was that "other poor lad youngster who didn't know any better"? Could he still be lookin' for empathy from his friends for loosing that shootoff?

And was that Roger guy from Kansas too?

:)

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

mette56, actually Iam not sure the lad was the looser on very many occasions. You know how those conditioned All Americans are at handling different presentations.

You also have a PM.

10. Richard Hamilton

Richard Hamilton TS Member

Let's play a baseball game with 2 outs an inning. It will go faster. Or lets play a football game with 8 minute quarters. It's sure to get you home faster. Leo Harrison and Paul Shaw just quit a championship singles shoot off at the Southern Grand in March and declared themselves a tie.

Now this. What the hell is going on. If these people don't want a long shoot-off than flip a coin. Why do something half baked. Bonillas and Stafford shot off a long ago Western Zone singles championship from the hip. These kind of things degrade the sport to outsiders when we don't think enough of a title to shoot it off properly. But than again, I'm old school.

By the way, the Pennsylvania 2010 State Teams are now posted on the PSSA web site.

11. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Richard-- chill out a little, "degrading the sport" is a little over the top.

12. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Richard,
    I have to disagree. This is supposed to be fun, and we loose sight of that too often. Like last year when Bender tied at a perfect 650 and the two went off the the bar. The skeet crowd went nuts. I say fine - let it be. What a terrific event to tie with perfect rounds. There doesn't have to be a single champion - they can both reign!

Same for trap - let's have a little fun and shake things up a bit. It won't hurt. And it is certainly not disrespectful to the sport.

13. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Richard, if you think that was bad you would really be pissed over what Harlan and I did in Iowa. We switched guns during a dbls shoot off. It was still tied after that so we carried it over to the singles championship. Sorry if you are offended. Sean hawley

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

I would have loved to be there to see it. Now we just need to figure out a way to keep from having so many shoot offs to begin with.

15. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Richard knows how to really degrade our sport.

16. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Hey Sean, Harlan doesn't shoot a RELEASE, does he?????Now that would have been funny!!!!

Pete Stine

17. Shotgunchick

Shotgunchick TS Member

I think this was a great call. I wish I could have been there to see the shoot off with these talented shooters. Sometimes watching a shoot off over and over gets boring. This adds some spice to the shoot off.
    I would like to have seen the switching of the guns with Sean and Harlan. You get to see the talent these guys really have by doing something like that. Great shooting to the both of you. Have a great turkey day......

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'm curious. How many birds were missed in the 27 yd shoot off?

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

27 yard doubles is a hoot!...if you haven't done it, try it some time...and for every person wants to think outside the box, there's gonna be someone who will jump all over them "because"....no other good reason than just "because". We talk alot on this forum about trying to stir up interest in our game and wjhy numbers are down. Well, doing something within the disciplines we participate in might just do that. The sporting clays crowd sure have done well with some "forward thinking". JMHO

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Isn't that about how skeet doubles from stations 3-4-and 5 came about several years back? Handicap doubles would mean that many more clays would be shot for the clubs, IF, ATA would register those targets too!! Fun game!! Good job Sean!! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

who won the 16 yard shoot off at the 2014 aumn grand at the tucson gun club