1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

26yd dillema

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chourico, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chourico

chourico TS Member

I reached the 26yd line in caps and wondering wat is the best setup as far as the point of impact and choke size?I am currently at 80/20 with a full choke.How about shot size?Should I change the #8 I use now?I am shooting a ljutic adjustable rib.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't change what got you there. That will likely be the set-up that will get you that next yard.

Matt

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Going from 25 to 26 yards shouldn't require a comb adjustment but that is something you want check from time to time by shooting straight away targets from #3.

The argument of #8 Vs #7 1/2 will go on for eternity and to tell you the truth I can't tell a difference. Use what you like/believe in. If the targets aren't breaking your problem is likely something other than ammo performance.

As far as choke goes you want enough to give you a very high probability of crushing the target with a well centered pattern. That usually means .035" and more of constriction. I'll bet your full choke Ljutic is plenty tight.

I hope you spend less time on the 26 than I did.