1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

26yd dilemma

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chourico, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chourico

chourico TS Member

To all long yd shooters do you adjust your comb from singles to long caps?I am at the 26yd line and i am debating if an adjustement is required.I have a fully adjustible ljutic and i am currently shooting at 90/10 point of impact with a full choke.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Some do.

Some don't.

As with everything, change it and see if it helps. If it doesn't, change it back.

If you're looking for permission, you may be happy to know that Phil Kiner is an advocate of changing the comb when going from singles to handicap.

3. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Add a 1/16 and try add another and try key is keep trying till you like it. I do add the 1/16

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Do the math. No.

5. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I really do not understand why you are asking people, your choke should tell you were your shooting. I take Harlans advice for the 16s,raise your comb tell you get good smoke and then raise it some more. John

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I moved back fairly quickly back in the 80s. Adn I had a coach that emphasized "getting up into the bird" on handicap. I did what he said and it worked and I seem to carry that today. He would watch my shot pod go to the target and even tho I got a decint break, he will tell me to get a little higher. And then we would shot some more practicing that. I guess I do carry that over today.

On the other hand, it seems that I do more adjusting to singles targets than I do handicap. Tend to see more daylight. Iws that automatic? Well in my case it is probably part of that early teaching.

These days, when I practice handicap, I tend to minimally cover the bird and watch what his happening. I shoot a tight enough choke to watch pieces of targets go in one direction or another. So, I am still "Getting up into the bird"

No spacer change. But again, I do shoot 100% high. easily 15" or 5-6" on a 13 yard pattern board.
    mia_2008_0303110.jpg

7. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

Adjust your gun for HC. Adjust your hold point for singles and leave the alone. RM

8. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Pedro, check your PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.