1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

26 yard shooting

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by billn, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billn

billn Member

I don't shoot from the 26 yard very often, I done so yesterday, missed more than I hit.

where do shooters sight from using the trap house as a starting point? I shoot fairly fast and hold above the house on the 16. I use a under single 34 "and a full choke.

2. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

move this up to the right catagory and you will gt some answers

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

Typically you would use a lower hold point when moving from 16 to 26 yards.

I would try lowering your hold point a bit at a time until you are getting good breaks and you have a smooth move to the target.

I typically lower my hold point about 8-12 inches when moving from 16 - 27 yards.

Shawn

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

You should never hold your gun any higher for handicap than you do for singles...
    If you hold one foot above the house at 16, your hold will be one foot above the house for 27...People will tend to move higher at handicap..
    Remember...there is LESS gun movement to the target the further you move back..

5. billn

billn Member

thanks for all the information, I was holding too high for the long shot. I will start with holding a little above the house and see what that does and go from there.

and I thought I had the correct listing for this question?

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

billn:

You posted in the shoot "Programs & Results" section. It might or might not get a little more exposure in the "Shooting Related Threads".

sissy

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Do what this 2012 World Champ says

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.