1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

26 Acts of kindness

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Last night my wife asked me if I would like to join her by going to the mall and doing "26 acts of kindness" that was recently started since that terrible shooting at the grade school?

I said sure, but what could we do that is in our budget, but still might help 26 people. My son is in town for the holiday, and I also called my daughter, and we came up with this idea.

We each pitched in $5.00 each and I purchased some of the cards that you use when you give people money for a gift. We placed a $20.00 bill in each enevelope and stated it was given in honor of the 26 victims and we hope the $20.00 could be put to good use.

All four of us went to the mall and randomly handed out these envelopes to people. There was no rhyme or reason to who received a card. We would say this gift is for you and went on to find another person.

I gave a couple envelopes to people who had to work in the mall, as well as some people who were walking around with children.

Regardless, no one is going to get rich with this gift, but maybe it might put a smile on someone's face. I wish we were rich and could have given away some serious cash to make people's lives a bit easier, but we gave what we could afford.

The people that received gifts were startled at first, but seemed happy as we often heard thank you as we were walking away. My family agrees that it was fun as we all had a good time at the local mall today.

If you ever want to have some fun, try it, as an act of kindness goes a long way, and it might make you feel good inside, as it sure did to all of us.
    Steve Balistreri

2. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

What a wonderful idea Steve. I was wrapping gifts last night and realizing how blessed my family really is. This morning I called a woman that I knew that both he and she recently lost their jobs. Two of her 4 children believe in Santa. I asked her if I could take her shopping for her family. At first she was shocked, but then reluctantly agreed. She asked me to meet her in Kmart. She brought her daughter and they bought one gift for each of their family members. She gave me a big hug and said thank you with tears in her eyes. I am alone this Christmas thanks to the divorce. My spirit is recharged with the blessing that she gave me by her smile. Kim

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Kim:
    What you did is "very special". We need more people like yourself in this world. Your kindness will be returned to you in more ways than you could ever imagine.
    Have a Happy Holiday.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.