1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

25s & 50s options

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Could somebody explain in simple terms the "25" options and the "50" options?

Went to a shoot a couple weeks ago, played the 25s & the 50s in the Hncp (just for the hell of it). Shot a HORRIBLE score, like ->72<-! Got my check in the mail today, besides $16 "Lewis" (which didn't surprise me), I got $8.25 "25 Opts" and $10 "50 Opts". I don't remember what my individual sub-event scores were but they were all pretty bad, definitly NOT no 25 straight's. I thought you had to be straight to win the 25's or 50's?

Confused, ---------

2. setter

setter Member

You have to read "the fine print" on the optons - if there are no 25's they generally pay the "high" score for that sub-event. On the 50's, it may be 50-30-20. Meaning they pay the high score 50%, next hign 30%, next 20%. On a difficult day low 40's scores can be in the money. There is also a 50 straight option and that one does take a 50, if no one breaks the 50 it usually carries over to next shoot. Clear as mud?

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Years back, 25 options paid out 60/40 for 25s and 24s. The 50 options paid 50/30/20. At a lot of the large shoots today, 25s are one money and the 50s are 60/40. Hap

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank's for the explanations fella's.

So, I guess then they pay not only on perfect scores in those sub-events but on top scores (maybe more than one place even) in those sub-events? Hmmmm-----

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.