1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

250,000,000 US citizens did not shoot anyone today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 391 shooter, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Just had to remind us of the fact.

I am saddened by the current event, but, the media is on overdrive and overtime on this. They are mostly reporting opinions and conjecture.

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I agree with that .

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The liberal politicians are in overdrive too- batten the hatches.

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

That is a good point 391. Pelosi, Finestien, Reed, newsmedia are on a feeding frenzy.

5. citadel

citadel Active Member

It takes only a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone. That notwithstanding there is no rational purpose for anyone owning or having the need of a high capacity assault weapon or hand gun that wil spray hundreds of rounds and kill everyone within sight.

I do not argue with the possible need for a personal protection weapon of limited bullet capacity to protect you or your family but a Bushmaster, Glock or similar high capacity weapon has no legitimate purpose in a modern society.

In my personal opinion that ALL guns of that type shouldL be bought back by the tax payers who have allowed them to be sold through a much misguided gun policy and turned in to the nearest Narional Guard Base where they can be readily available when the much anticipated (by a few deranged people) foreign invasion ) starts.

Put your tax dollars to work and get the mass killing weapons off the street from everyone who has one and save the lives of the thousands of your fellow citizens who die each year from gun related violence.

Doug

6. schneep

schneep Member

Guns don't kill people, People kill People

They make gun safes for a reason, I keep one gun out of the safe, all others are in a safe where they should be, until they are going to be used.

If they are not readily available, they can't be used or stolen.

7. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Citadel, I object to your use of the word SPRAY. That is a media buzz-word used to mis-guide and inflame the discussion. Waterpistols don't fit in the topic as they all have red tips to distinguish them from real.

Please read schneep's post above AND the title of this thread to regain your grip on the topic.

8. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

It takes only a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone. That notwithstanding there is no rational purpose for anyone owning or having the need of a high capacity silverware set that will feed dozens of overweight people at a single party.

I do not argue with the possible need for a personal spoon and fork to feed yourself, or perhaps an 8-piece set to feed your family but a high capacity drawer with 24 spoons has no legitimate purpose in a modern society.

In my personal opinion that ALL silverware sets of that type should be bought back by the tax payers who have allowed them to be sold through a much misguided health policy and turned in to the nearest Jenny Craig chapter where they can be readily available when the much anticipated (by a few deranged people) attack of the obese people starts.

Put your tax dollars to work and get the mass killing weapons off the street from everyone who has one and save the lives of the thousands of your fellow citizens who die each year from obesity-related health issues.

Spoons make people fat.

Doug

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And 300,000,000 guns did not kill anyone either.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just a note here to the poster

There are about 310 million people in the US arent there? Are you implying that 60 million may be involved?

You might want your numbers a little closer before posting this. Just a thought

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- I dont agree with Citadel about turning guns back in. I do agree certain types of weapons need more stringent regulation, not sure what that is but owner checks and secured storarge of some type might be on the horizon. I wont know if I agree with any of that until I see it. Sale of new hi cap magazines might be on the horizon also. Again I know something is wrong but not sure if I agree on a solution until I see it and get to think about it exactly

11. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Over 10,000 people are killed each year (according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) by drunk drivers. Since driving a vehicle is a privledge, I don't see anyone going after alcohol or vehicles. Why? There is a stigma about guns. They don't understand them so just get rid of them. I have no doubt in my mind that if a couple of the teachers or office personel had concealed carry, he wouldn't have gotten very far into the school.

Just my 2 cents worth. Sue

12. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

The liberals support the approximately one million plus government sanctioned murders every year of our youth, however they want to ban this object or class of objects and so forth for public safety. Really???

Liberals are not interested in preserving human life, they are only interested in controlling it. Kind of staggering to think how many human lives have been extinguished over say just the past twenty years...

13. 391 shooter

GN77777

Are you implying that 60 million may be involved?

Hell no, I just used a large number to make a point. Get a grip.

14. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

And approximately 50 people a day on average are killed involving drunk driving in this country. That's 350 in an average week. There are small towns that don't have 350 people as the entire population.

Ironic how most gas stations sell beer and or booze to people that had to drive there to buy it and then drive to wherever they are going!

15. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Liberals do not care what you do just as long as it is required.

16. citadel

citadel Active Member

In response to all the thoughtful and some of the knee jerk reactions posted above to my (Citadels) post I am about as conservative as they come. I have heard for years the old mantra about " guns do not kill people, people kill people". To put it frankly the solutions to the gun death epidemic tried in this country for decades with that worn mantra as its basis have failed miserably and a different approach needs to be undertaken.

I own dozens of guns and I would gladly turn in every one of them if doing so would help limit the carnage we are suffering daily from gun deaths. Will turning them in do so, I do not know but getting ALL high capacity weapons off the street is a fine place to start. The polititions will hem and haw and try to please every splinter group and every one who can send an email in opposition and as always nothing meaningful will happen because they do not have the guts for a conflict with the gun lobby, all the while people continue to die.

I have had the opportunity to live in New Zealand and travel often to Australia. Both countries have very strict gun registration laws and a very low per capita gun death and gun violence history. In neither country have I felt slighted or put upon as a recreational shooter as there are reasonable exemptions for those types of activities. What is not tolerated in most of the western world is the mass ownership, sales and trading in weapons of mass distruction of your neighbors.

It is time to take the health and safety of the overall population into consideration and get rid of the mass killing equipment out there for every nut to get his hands on. Doing so will not stop all the gun related deaths and that may be something as Americans we are willing to live with, but continuing to make readily available the equipment for mass murder is beyond belief.

Doug

17. 391 shooter

We each are intitiled to our opinion and what we will each do to help stop this from happening in the future.

Taking firearms from legal, tax paying, law abiding citizens of a free country is not an option, nor the answer.

We talk on here of guns in the wrong hands and putting more and more restrictions on law abiding citizens, yet, the US Government is selling F-16's to Eqypt a now Muzlim run country. Plus the fact we gave them the money from your and my tax dollars to do so. Talk about deadly fire power in the wrong hands, geeeezzzz.

To hear our leaders spew gun control, but, the same law makers allow F-16's to be sold to people that are our enemy is totally insane.

The only reason for gun control is "CONTROL" of the masses. If we end up with so called authorities being the only ones capable of having protection then we will be sheepeople.

If the second amendment is resended there will be absolute Tyranny in this country. The forefathers new this because that is one of the reasons they got out of england.

18. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Those who trade liberty for safety acheive neither.
    Thomas Jefferson

19. Trapazoid

Trapazoid TS Member

The 2nd Amendment does not state it is our right to bear arms to HUNT RABBITS. All of you who want to put the power of WHAT WE BEAR in the hands of politicians, have lost their way.

20. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

85 average gun deaths per day in US ( accidental and murders)

5 average knife deaths per day in US

30 average deaths by drunken driving per day in US

115 average deaths in car accidents per DAY in US ( includes drunk driving deaths)

534 average deaths per DAY due to Mal-practice or medical error in US

I'll take my chances of being shot or stabbed as negligible as opposed to driving or going to see my doctor !!

Looks to me like I have a better chance of being killed by my Doctor than I have in being shot with a gun.

All I did was google "how many deaths in US yearly for....?" Some of these numbers are several years old, but still very disturbing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.