1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

25 Straight How Often

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smok'n Joe, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Since getting back into the game last year, it seems like there are a lot fewer 25 straights recorded, in fact, just last week on a gorgeous evening, there was only ONE 25 straight recorded out of a total of 45 squads. Seems to me that we used to record a few straights per day.

I realize we're older and not as good as we used to be, but our guns are much better, ammunition is much better, lighting is much better, etc. etc. We don't seem to make as big a deal about running 25 straight as we used to, but it makes me wonder why it doesn't happen more often, especially with all the improvements in equipment.

Yes, we are all older but we are also that much more experienced. Even the young shooters seem to struggle hitting a perfect score these days. Is it just my imagination or has something changed?

I would like to know how many perfect scores are shot at your club per day.

2. dimapower

dimapower Member

A lot. Almost every time a squad of regulars goes out.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What are you smoking Joe??

Don

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

It's those dam 2 hole targets!!!

5. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Joe,

Are your targets set properly? Are your shooters prepared for the range conditions - dark glasses can take 2 birds off 25 targets pretty easy.

Practice, Practice, Practice!
    TNCoach

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Trapshooters miss?????

Say it ain't so!!!

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Some days it works.........some days it don't?

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I shoot a 25 straight every time I do not miss a target from any of the five posts.

Pat Ireland

9. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I see them or hear of them fairly often at our club -- but they track scores only for official events. I keep my scores in a notebook and log misses. I can see cyles and patterns to my shooting. Just recently, i rode a wave of 25s and it was fun while it lasted. Next one due in about 2 weeks...no its not a monthly cycle LoL!

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

The 25s are no problem. It's putting them together to get the 100 or 200 you need to win at 16 or darn close to that for handicap.

11. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

I got a 25 in practice Sunday before the ATA match, then got 21,21,21,25. That pi$$ed me off. Won B class with an 88. Go figure. However, one of my best buds got his first 100 in singles. Too bad about his hat. So, all in all, a good day. I usually get one 25 in practice every time I go to the range. League nights, not so much.
    Getting more than one in registered is tougher. I did get a 50 in the latest PITA shoot, and then a 48 in caps. "Techically" my first 75 straight. It was a GOOD DAY. I know enough to not get used to it. (As evidenced by my 88).

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.