1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

25# Shot Bottle for MEC

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jolin, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jolin

Jolin TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking for info on a 25# shot bottle for a MEC. This bottle was pictured on this forum sometime ago. I tried the search option, but had no success in finding the manufacturer. Your help to find the manufacturer of this item wold be appreciated. Thanks. Joe

2. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

0   0   0

This is the website your looking for.
    Lou Engelmann

3. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

0   0   0

75 bucks for a shot bottle??

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

0   0   0

Its not just a "shot bottle" The device is a machined aluminum base and bottle setup with a valve and tube mechanism which allows for shot drainage and change without removing the bottle or tipping the mechanism, as well as holding a full 25lbs of shot.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Here's a photo of mine. Lou's reservoirs are a lot thicker and more sturdy than the MEC bottles.

[​IMG]

Ed

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

0   0   0

What do you do when you want to change bushings and bars?

You still have to tip it, right?

I am confused, how is it not just a 75 dollar shot bottle?

Nice reloading room set up and gun safe Ed!!! I like it. Clean!!

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

0   0   0

I know a 2 liter coke bottle is not the strongest shot holder but it will work as I have used one a lot several years ago when I had a Mec.

Anyway it wasn't like it cost me an arm and a leg since I was getting ready to toss the plastic 2 liter bottle anyway.

I prefer coke since it is the real thing!!

Ok I haven't paid any attention if the new contour coke bottle is any stronger than the old one or not but it sure looks like it might be.
    Foggy

[​IMG]

8. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

0   0   0

Ed, thanks for posting the pic. Does it have to be completely empty to hold #25 of shot? As for the $75 per,what you have three more payments and it's yours????? HA.....GOOD LUCK

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mine actually has an inch or so between the shot and the top of the reservoir (these aren't "bottles") when a bag of shot is dumped in. You could have some left in it and 25 pounds would still fit.

Years ago, I tried a two-liter soda bottle. They make quite a mess when - not if - they collapse. Funny, they only do that when they're full...

Yes, you still have to tip the charge bar assembly to change bars or bushings if there is any powder or shot in the reservoirs. You also have to tip it back to get all the shot out of the reservoir as the drain is a little above the bottom of the aluminum housing. The shot in the bar and a little more won't drain unless it is tilted back.

For the shooter who loads his/her shells a flat at a time as I do, it's nice not having to do anything to the loader after you start loading. The new-style MEC primer tray will accomodate 250 primers, a shot bottle on the powder side holds more than enough powder and Lou's shot reservoir takes care of the lead for 250 shells.

Thanks for the comment, Buc. Here's another view.

[​IMG]

Ed

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

I haven't found the need for a 25 lb. shot bottle. I use pig or calf feeder jugs with a tube into the bottle. That way I can just clamp it off to change shot size. I have room enough to hang a jug for any size I may want to reload.

11. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

foggy is right BUT dont store one for a long time full 31 lbs of shot is a VERY big mess . the new coke may work better
    I just cut the bottom of a small MEC and it is very easy to refill . the bottom fo a 2 lt bottle will make a cover
    Change bushings? what are bushings?

12. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

0   0   0

Ed, thanks....GOOD LUCK

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

I love mine!

Like Ed, I also load typicaly a flat at a time.

Lou is a great guy to deal with and his product is second to none.

Guy Babin

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.