1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

25.00 late entry fee is BS.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yenko, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yenko

yenko TS Member

THIS LATE ENTRY FEE IS BS.i know it has been going on for some time,still thats like kmart saying ok its 10 minutes til closing time so were gonna chaarge 25.00 on top of your purchase.thats a 1/4 tank of gas or 4 boxes of shells.come on ata you wanna keep the sport going quit sticking it to the shooters.with todays technology and stewarts programs why charge the late fee?some if not alot of shooters may decide to shoot one day only.so lets spend the night in hotel for 70.00 take an xtra day off work 300.00 feed your self out 1 xtra day.its just flat BS.i personally am not renewing my membership next year as several other shooters in my area, not just because of this but the ata in general.what does the ata do for the shooters?gun clubs do more than the ata.support your local gun clubs.the ATA doesnt care or they would be doing all they could to keep its members!keep on shooting.

2. Landshark

Landshark Member

Sort of like writing a bad check......

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sounds like you're not too happy with the ATA. Mike

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Late fees are designated for those that do not pay attention and do not adhere to the "6P Principle".

Curt

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't understand what the complaint is. Who charged you $25 extra for late registration? The host club? Was the registration srevice an outside contract? It wasn't the ATA, all they get is the daily fee. Clue me in I haven't run into this before.

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Yenko -

Would it be safe to say then that you are against the mandatory resquading fees at many of the big shoots, the one that is charged if you miss more than 2 subevents? I mean with all the computers and stuff it shouldn't be a big deal, maybe we should all sit around each day until the conditions are right and then we could make a run on the squadding/cashier desk so we could shoot in those perfect conditions. I'm sure the clubs wouldn't mind, they got computers and stuff. I'm sure they would be OK with no knowing how much trap help to have or any of the other stuff that affects the bottom line.

Maybe I'm just a rare exception, but in 6 years of registered shooting (and a lot of it) I've never paid 1 cent in fees besides those charged for targets/daily fees. I squad then pay before the event starts and show up to my trap on time. I thought that was the procedure?

Scott

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

And this is new? There has been a late entry fee at the GAH for years. There was a hiatus of one year. That year the trash cans were full of squad tickets and there were many partial squads. It seems people would pull early, mid & late tickets and would choose which to shoot depending on the weather. I paid a late entry fee once due to forgeting the time change

8. bsekf

bsekf Member

Yenko, you need to run just one trap tournament!

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm going to paraphrase what a wise man once said: a mind is a wonderful thing, it can turn heaven into hell, and hell into heaven.

I too didn't like the $25 late entry fee for the GAH when I first started shooting. My work schedule doesn't allow for planning very well, so a lot of the time I didn't know if I was going to get to go to the Grand for 1 day or several days or no days. I always tried to make the GAH though, that is the one I always wanted to win, and still do. I would bitch to people that it looked like I wouldn't get to the Grand until Friday and if I shot the GAH I would have to pay the $25 late entry fee.

Another shooter told me - instead of bitching about the $25 fee, look at it as if you are paying for a special service. What??? The neat thing about the $25 premium service fee is that you don't have to wait in line. I could go to Vandalia, Friday morning walk right into the CEB and walk right up to the squad desk, and then to the cashier without having to wait in line. Try that on a Wednesday or Thursday or any other day and see what happens? You'll have to wait in line with a whole crap load of people who don't want to pay the premium service fee.

I always wanted to be a big dog and shoot new AAs or Federal papers at the Grand and just let em hit the ground. Never could bring myself to do that, because I always saved my empties, so I compensated by purchasing the premium service offered on the morning of the GAH. In my mind that would be something the big dogs would do.

Bisi

10. yenko

yenko TS Member

i do run and own a buisness as a matter of fact.and to charge a late fee to a customer that is spending money with me is ridicoulis.i have run a shoot a few times.its only as hard as you make it.im refering to the last 3 days of the grand.the ata has been in buisness long enough to know about what and how many employees to have and food exct,as far as missing the events paid for well thats the shooters fault and should pay.im refering to the few that take the day off work to shoot and then have to pay late entry fee,its wrong point blank.

11. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Why don't you give a buddy, who is going a day or two early, your blue card and let him/her squad you for the event. That way you don't have to pay the late fee and you are already squaded to shoot. Just a thought.

12. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Yenko -

Not sure if you read the policy closely (probably not is my guess) but the late entry fee is waived if the event is your first of the tournament (from the program - This penalty will be waived on your initial day of registration). That eliminates the fee for those that can't get there until the day of the event. The only people it impacts are those who are there the prior day(s) but want to wait until the day of the event to cashier.

Scott

13. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

The $25 fee is designed to keep people from cherry picking squads. It's amazing how people wil play different options depending on the weather. Well, a lot can happen in 24 hours so you pays your money today and you takes your chances on the weather tomorrow. It's fair for everyone. I used to have trouble with the Championship singles as I used to only shoot Wed-Saturday in Vandalia. Like others have said, I would send my blue ATA card and average card down with someone else and they would classify and squad me and save me the $25 bucks.

Jeff

14. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Way to go Scott. I read all these posts thinking I was going to be the one to break the news to them, but you beat me to it. To be fair though, I don't recall that little qualifier being in last year's program.

Buz

15. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

Straight from the 2008 Grand American Shoot Program

LATE ENTRY PENALTY—EVENTS 18, 20, 21 and 22.
    Entries for Wednesday singles, Thursday and Friday handicaps, and Saturday Doubles of Grand American
    Week must be cashiered by 5 p.m. the day prior to each respective event; otherwise, a late penalty of $25
    will be charged. This penalty will be waived on your initial day of registration.

Seems rather straight foward to me. But I might be missing something!

Everett Haley, Jr

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Now you have ruined it. He doesn't have anything to bitch about. I wonder is he still going to non-renew his membership. He, being the astute businessman he claims, should apologize and enroll immediately in "Reading is Fundlemental".

Don

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

Everett Haley, Jr - Yes, you did miss something very important. You failed to recognize that many people only read the first few sentences in a paragraph and then form an opinion. Since they have already formed an opinion, there is no need to read the entire paragraph.

Things would be much simpler if no paragraph had a last sentence.

Pat Ireland

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Don...don't you have a policy for people like the yenkster???

Curt

19. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

$25.00 late fee OR $70.00 room, $300.00 food and a day off...Thats a no brainer, pay the late fee.

I have. Made more sense to me, but I didn't factor in the "WHINE" factor. I might get more fun out of whining than shooting. I think I'll give it a try.

OB

20. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Another education from this web site. Wow! I have read the Grand Program for the last 20 years and didn't see that fees waived if this is your first day of registration. Pat must be right (again). Last sentence got you syndrome!

Thank you

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.