1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2300 target Review

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hingpin, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hingpin

Hingpin TS Member

Review/reduction came today.My counter hit 1000 at first part of new tgt yr, talked to office and they were busy wrapping up the new year said they would take care of reviews after new cards were mailed.Two months and 1300 wasted registered targets is too long. Seems early in the year the 1000 yrd review is done on a when and if they feel like it basis.This is the computer age they should be able to run a progran and have the reviews done in minutes not months.This doesen't seem right ,are reviews done on a when convient or a count certain basis? OK guys what do you think ?

2. Wentez

Wentez Member

If you are not shooting well the system provides for a reduction. A lot of shooters do not shoot large numbers of targets. If you have met the 1000 target requirement and looking hopefully for a reduction, the targets after 1000 are not going to speed up the review/reduction. The wait would seem forever.

Some clubs are not timely in getting their shoot reports in. When reports do arrive at the ATA they may accumulate there until they run a batch. As a result a shooter who tracks his scores closely may get a 1000 target review anywhere between 1000 and 1500 targets. In Hingepin's case the timing of the review did not come up until the had in 2300 targets.

Geo

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I agree, like thet are that busy. If they were in a private business they would have been tits up a long time ago. Enough said! Bill

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Most of these whiners would cry if you hung them with a new rope!!!! I'd bet that the only way they get to say any thing or have an opinion is to sneak out of the house. LOL

Whining hen pecked sandbaggers. LOL

Earl, Notice there is no response. The only conversation some have is in the form of whining and then they think their opinion counts.

5. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

Wake up and smell the coffee, it is not the clubs that are causing the inefficent, undesirable results that have so many shooters disgruntled. It's the ata office with their YABA DABA DO technology and with Fred and Barney as their public relations reps. unwilling to accept positive change for the better of the association.
    There is no excuse for the ata being late on results, average cards or target review.

6. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

earl4140, You forgot the first sentence "pull your head out and you to could learn something", you will never smell the coffee where you are now ! If, the ata would utilize the computer for shoot reports, average's and reviews the results could be made available immediatly on the ata's "shooters information page".
    More examples ? How many more do you need to have ? Have you not read the MANY complaints just on this site alone. The fringe you refer to is the majority and by the way, why is the ata selling memberships to dogs ? This is a last ditch effort to generate revenue for an organization that will not change or adapt.
    Happy Thanksgiving

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

2badnw- I do not understand your post and I think you may have mixed up a few things. You posted " if the ata would utilize the computer for shoot reports...", didn't you mean to say that if the gun clubs used computers to directly submit the reports to the ATA? The ATA does use a computer system for averages and reviews. The reviews are printed and mailed to the delegates and the CHC. New cards are then printed and mailed. This is done 10-15 times a year.

The ATA Shooter Information Page is totally separate from the ATA computer records.

I have been very vocal about some efficiency problems in the ATA office. I made well over 10 trips to Vandalia just to discuss these problems with John Norris and some of the problems have been addressed and some remain. Maximum efficiency would involve subcontracting the data input to a company in India, but that would create other problems.

Pat Ireland

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I live in Canada and there is a noticeable delay in the Postal Service when sending or receiving mail from the U.S.. It takes an average of 7 to 10 days in either direction. This delay means that Shoot Reports are late in arrival to the ATA office and all correspondence to Canadian shooters is obviously slowed down as well. Does it really matter WHEN you get your Reduction ?? I don't think so, the timing is all relative anyway. I am also a member of the PITA which as an organization has quietly solved several of the so-called problems with the ATA Handicap System that are frequently complained about by trapshooters.com posters. In PITA there is no automatic half yard punch for a score of 96; 97 and higher gets a full yard as it should be. In PITA the Earned Yardage table is a little more logical eg. 25 to 49 shooters for a half yard punch for winning instead of 15 shooters unless the club publishes that in the program. In PITA there is no such thing as a 1000 target computer generated Review. You have to make a Request for Yardage Review to the Central Handicap Committee member. There is No problem with Mandatory Reductions because there is No computer generated Review and there likewise is no question about the status of your Reduction Review Counter. Food for Thought IMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.