1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

22cal pistol on 45 frame

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scruffydude, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruffydude

scruffydude TS Member

Does anyone remember the thread about the 22cal pistol on the 45frame that was on treads sometime ago. Am trying to find out the maker of the pistol. Any help appreciated. Gary Niles

2. yodes

yodes TS Member

The two recent pistols are the Chiappa and the GSG imported by American Tactical (ATI).

Steve

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

ruger has a 22/45 which is just a 22 with the 45 grip angle

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Well I don't know who is making them but Walther is at least marketing one in three different models. They call them "Colt 1911 Pistol"

BTW if you are going to the web address I posted in the top banner on the right select English unless you can read German.

Bob Lawless

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Just brought the thread to the top. Springfield armory has a new one also with 15 round mags. Jeff

6. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have S & W 45ACP Pro series. I bought the Kimber 22 conversion kit which works like a charm.

Charlie

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

yodes is right. GSG imported by ATI.

8. peteodie

peteodie Member

I have a Sig 229 with a conversion kit for 22lr (sweet) can shot all day but still have the 40 cal carry

9. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

I've a Wilson Combat: Will the Kimber .22 conversion kits work on them?
    Sam Ogle, Lincoln, Ne

10. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

parker samuel, That combination should work. Most of these conversion kits are ammo sensitive. I have a new Smith & Wesson E series 1911 with a Wilson Combat conversion. I have yet to find a good round. Still working on it.

Ken Cerney Wisconsin

11. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I've tried all the 22 conversions for the 45 and the Marvel unit is the only one that I still have. The Ciener was both a terrible shooter, and a marginal company to deal with, in my experience. I've heard that the Kimber was made by Ciener, but now is actually made by Kimber?

If you have a 1911, you can make it a real range buddy with a marvel 22 unit.

My friend has the Ruger 22/45 and it's a camp gun with a straight grip. The Ruger 22 autos are very good guns and made here in the USA - all positive attributes.

I have several Ruger 22 rifles. A little trigger work and some effort at the range to find out what brand of ammo they like and you can have an excellent shooter. I don't keep exhibition guns. All my guns work, or they find a warm comfy spot in another safe.

You can't beat Marvel for conversions, or find a better company.

JMHO,
    Kip

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Kimber 22 upper will work with some but not all 1911's. Mine is reliable with the right ammo. It works best on steel frames for some reason. The Aluminum carry frames...not so much.

Marvel is considered the best all around. The M1911.Org site has a lot of discussion about this.

13. whiz630

whiz630 TS Member

i purchased one of the gsg 1911 pistols.for the money it is very close to the colt sreries 80 1911.since i love to work with guns i made a few changes,i changed the thumb safety,hammer spring housing,colt sear spring and barrel bushing(later models have a new ss bushing)i also had dark walnut grips so i added these.after all was done the trigger pull went from 5lbs. to 3lbs. well last night a fellow member & i took the 1911 to our local range inside and fired about 250 federal 22's.and what apleasure,not one jam,feed problem or stove pipe.we fired at 30ft,50ft.&25yds.at the shorter range we both put them in about 4"and 25yd we hit the target abt 6".for two old farts in our 80's we had a ball and it was sweet to shoot.at the end my friend said let me put in 8 bullets and fire at fast rate to see if it will jam up,it sounded like a machine gun and not a problem,so if it was a45 look what we would spend for bullets abd not as much fun. whiz630

14. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

There is a small article in the new Guns & Ammo buy Craig Boddington telling that Browning is bringing out a new 1911 22 cal. Sounds like an exact copy of a 1911, just 15% smaller.
    Carey

15. whiz630

whiz630 TS Member

hoffman06 from what i read the browning is 80% the size of the gsg and a price of $599.00 compared to $326.00 for the gsg.also there is one out like the glock,same as the model 22 and i hear remington will be next in line whiz630

16. toad67

toad67 Member

Browning is supposed to be coming out with a .22 1911 model this spring.

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.