1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

.221 Fireball?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I have a CZ 527 chambered in 221 Fireball & have a chance to obtain a takeoff barrel chambered for 17 Remington. Can the 17 Remington barrel be rechambered for the 17 Fireball bullet?

2. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Your going to have to set that barrel back then rechamber, I don't think you will have enough shank to thread for the action since you have to cut to the neck. Me I would look for a 20cal barrel.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

What's wrong with the 221??

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Certainly nothing wrong with the 221, it's a great cartridge! I was just curious about the barrel change. Boxbirder gave me the answer that I needed. That was exactly what I thought.

I'm recovering from rotator cuff surgery, I'm bored as hell & looking for things to research!

5. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Get into the sub cals. I posted a great site for sub cals. I have slowly been rebarreling all my 22 cals for the 20's and to me there is nothing like a wildcat. I spend all winter loading for my yearly Pdog shooting trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.