1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

22 rifle target shooters ????? Moved to for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by NJCOP, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

0   0   0

Both excellent guns. The Anschutz will shoot the same hole all day with the right ammunition. Can give a value on either without knowing model numbers. The anschutz looks like an older model as the newer ones have multi adjustable stocks but they all SHOOT! Also, the scopes themselves may be worth some scratch. Are the Lymans or Unertels? If your looking for values type in Small bore rifle shooting into your search engine and go from there.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A Super Target Spot (if so marked) was made by Lyman. In their day these were excellent scopes, and still are, but they are obsolete. I have a 15x Target Spot on my Winchester 1885 in 32-40, which I use for blackpowder target shooting and varminting.

The BSA is an excellent target gun, but it is not on a par with the Anschutz. Even so, they have a following and it would have collector value.

The Anschutz 1411 is a shooting machine. While this one is old enough it doesn't have all the bells and whistles built into the stock, nevertheless it is a "no excuse gun". If you miss you have no excuse. My first serious varmint gun was an Anschutz target rifle. Made some outstanding long range shots for .22 LR with it, but being a single shot rimfire it was too slow to load for follow up shots.

I have not fiddled with guns like these for 20 years, so I've been out of the game too long to venture a guess as to their value.

As for the scopes, I've been looking for a Target Spot or Super Target Spot for my Winchester 1885 Single Shots, and the prices start at $450 for very good condition with mounts and go up from there. In excellent condition with mounts, recoil spring, eyecup, and storage case they can hit the $800 region. These scopes were made in 10x, 12x, 15x, 20x, 25x and 30x. 12x and 15x are the most common. 10x is popular for field use because it is the brightest of the group (these scopes are dim by today's standards). Value can drop rapidly for damage, especially rust, since these are steel scopes. For outdoor use, these are good weather scopes only. They are not sealed and fog easily. On the other hand, some have optional or spare reticles, which are user replaceable.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If you are interested at selling either of them.....please send me a private message.

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

0   0   0

The top gun is likely a BSA Martini International. If so, it is an interesting gun. Many were equipped with an "electric bedding" device which enabled the shooter to adjust the barrel pressure through 2 bedding screws in the fore-end. The one I knew was made (or sold) by Al Freeland who was the maven of small bore shooting in the 1950's and beyond. Al also sold a wide variety of accessories like slings, fore-end stops, shooting mitts etc..

The BSA Martini with which I was familiar was owned and shot by Wilbur Ross who went on to become a billionaire and is on the list of the world's richest men. He is often a guest on Fox Business Channel and other business shows. Will preceded me by one year as captain of the Xavier High School rifle team (NYC).

5. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

0   0   0

Owned and shot them both. The BSA was a southpaw so I could practice prone for my long range service rifle shooting - vision in left eye was better.

They are both out of date but will probably shoot better than you can.

Best,

Hank Cross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.