1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

22 pistol 9 shoot high standard new in box

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gus wasso, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

new high standard 9 shoot police special mod 106 6 inch barrell aloy frame double action has never ben fired made in the sixtys or seventys have box but no paper movible sight in rear PRICE $4OO HAVE A USED ONE ON AUCTION FOR $350 SOMETHING HARD TO FIND HERE IT IS CELL 925 628 9755 NEED A F F L

2. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Manufactured by????????

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

High Standard

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The pink or gold ones are expensive.

Blue ones in 98% condition are $175.00 in my blue Book.

The frame was anodized in the pink and gold versions.

HM

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Question: where did the "police special" title come from? This is a common High Standard Sentinel, 22 long rifle double action sporting or plinking handgun..As stated by another poster, these go for around $150 to $200 and are not very rare. They used to go for about $35 at the shows but that is a while back.

A nice one, almost new in the box is probably in the high end of the price range above. I saw one listed on Gunbroker at $375 but there were no bids.

I have on just like it, unfired, and I got it last year for $145. Nice gun for taking on a hike in the woods, light weight, fairly accurate and nothing you'd cry over if it gets a scratch on the aluminum frame.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Too bad it wasn't the Longhorn Double 9 "Charlie Manson" model, that would be worth some real cash.

8. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

thanks for all the info but look on auction arms see what it sold for last bid was $349 and it is used i am calling it police special because thats what book says mine is new and unfired new cond i think some of you fellows are in the wrong three be carefull dont fall out thank you so long for now

9. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

yes it looks like picture but has longer barrell 6 inch

10. Richshoots

Richshoots TS Member

you're wrong. My book says a 100% condition Sentinel ( it is NOT a Police Special ) may get $200.

11. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

guss is back be ware

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Blue book says Turquoise Blue, gold, or pink anodized are like 475 or so.

Others are around 175 as stated here.

They do call them police guns. If you have the box, what does the label say?

HM

13. Savage99Stan

I appraised the identical twin to this one this afternoon, new in original box...no "police" stuff on the box. It is a 22. It books out at around $200-300 depending on "new", location and the ability to find someone who'll pay what you ask.

14. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

15. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

I have a nice Natchez model. What does the book say about it??

16. Savage99Stan

Can find no mention of Natchez in any of my references..they did make quite a few "special" variations of the Sentinel, even in colors.....way ahead of their time. I haven't seen a Sentinel yet that should book out higher than 200 or 250 unless it had some special provenance or history. There were some late ones made by Dan Wesson in larger calibers but that is another story.

Skeeter (Charles A.)Skelton, late hangun editor of Shooting Times, said once that the grip frame was the most user friendly or comfortable out-of-the-box of any current handgun (twenty five years ago) and even suggested it as the basis for his "ideal" dream handgun (the grip, nothing else).

Fairly cheap, utility guns. Not overly durable or strong. Aluminum frames. Internals kind of fragile. Quite a few I've seen don't continue to work double action for very long.

17. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

18. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

19. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

20. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

STOP GUS, STOP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.