1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

22 LR Rimfire FS New Post!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by biff, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

I wish to sell this rifle, an as new Kimber 82 Government Model made by Kimber of Oregeon. All the other rifles have sold and I am a little surprised that this rifle didn't sell. I want to add some pictures of it and to include a 24 power scope with this rifle, as I didn't want to open the package Peep sights which come with all of these CMP rifles(this rifle was still packed in the yellow plastic when I got it!). This is an excellent shooting rifle with an adjustable trigger, beautiful wood, a perfect bore and a great shooter.

If you have ever wanted one of these rifles and didn't want to go through all of the red tape to get one, then this like new one is for you. It have been shot less than 250 times and is not even broken in.

I am asking $775. Shipping at actual cost and must be shipped to your FFL. Thanks for looking. Biff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Ha Biff, looks like your making room for a Anschutz 2013. I haven't shot mine for the past few months.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Do you still have the rear aperature and front globe sights for the Cooper?

4. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

you have a PM on the Cooper.

dave

5. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

THE COOPER HAS SOLD AND BEEN DELIVERED TO CALIFORNIA. THANKS DAVID!Biff

Toolmaker, No 2013 yet, but do shoot a 1907 and a Turbo with a Borders of Scotland barrel....it shoots pretty good!

Leo, no sights came with the Cooper, but I will include the rings. I will ask the guy I got it from if he has them. He's at the ARA Nationals in St Louis this weekend. He never mentioned them and I wanted it scoped anyhow. He said it was very accrate and I found that to be very true also. The Cooper sold and delivered!

Dave, I PM'ed you and will send some pics of the Cooper. I really liked shooting it, but it isn't a bench gun for me.

Shotgun for sale.....SOLD!. Thanks to all who looked and PM'ed me. Biff

6. JohnP

JohnP Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

What are the ARA nationals in St Louis and where are they held?

7. earlybird

earlybird TS Member

0   0   0

you have a pm on Sako

8. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Sako HAS SOLD! as has the Izmash Biathlon.

9. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

At this time the Kimber 82 is still for sale. It was a CMP rifle I'm sure, but I got it off Gun Broker for more $ but lots of less hoop jumping. It was brand new in the yellow plastic wrapper w/cosmoline and all. As you may know this is an excellent heavy target rifle built for training purposes for the Government. It comes with everything they come with including front and rear peep sights which I left in the sealed bags. This is a pretty good target rifle, but I want to move up to the "Silver Seitz" level of a custom rimfire 22.....got to have that to really compete along with all the other stuff where ammo costs more than 12 guage ammo and you can't reload! Biff

10. redjones

redjones Member

0   0   0

Let me know if the cooper deal falls thru.
    Does the 82g have the scratch that most of them carry,also wondering if it might have a star above the serial#.

Thanks.........Greg

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

Biff,

Let's see if I got this right...A man gets married, then he starts selling off his gun...LOL. OMG Biff...hope all is ok at home.

JON

12. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

I don't think this 82Gov. has the scratch mark on it, that mark is caused when they use a box cutter to open the yellow plastic they are stored in. I haven't looked for the star above the ser#, but will do so and only get back with you if it does. There are three guys I am shooting with who shoot the 82's and they are usually right in there with my Anschutz. Their Kimbers shoot a little better than my 82 did when I tried it, they said mine will get better the more I shoot it in since it is brand new; I don't have time for that, I need instant gratification and want to win now and big! Biff

13. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Jon, We musta been writing at the same time! No Jon, nothing is wrong and couldn't be better, I'm still crazy in love! She is so good to me, she even allowed me to help her throw a big birthday party today for my mother-in-law! Now ain't that something?

I'm selling off my "lesser" guns so I can buy me a super-duper 22 rimfire custom target rifle that will drill one bullet after another right through the same hole( of course one of those has never been built)! You know, like selling off your Brownings, Mosseburgs, Remingtons, Winchesters and sundry other shotguns so you can buy that $20,000 combo shotgun which will never miss an orange chunk of clay! Actually my wife is an "enabler" for my addiction for owning a fine gun! Man, I think my name really ought to be "Lucky" instead of Biff to be married to such a wonderful woman!

14. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

I am posting the only rifle that didn't sell with some pictures to show what a great rimfire this gun is! Take another look! Biff

15. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

High Biff,

I am left-handed but your Kimber looks like a single shot...Correct? Also what brand of scope is that...I am not familiar with a ram decal. How heavy is the firearm?

Bernie

16. jfesi

jfesi Member

0   0   0

Up for a nice guy!

17. JohnP

JohnP Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Biff, you have a PM.. Thanks.

18. redjones

redjones Member

0   0   0

If you dont mind me answering for you,
    These are single shot rifles, they were built as trainers for the military.
    The ave. weight for this rifle is around 9 1/2 to alittle over 10lbs. depends on the wood denisty.

Greg

19. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks Greg, you are right. The loading tray on these rifles make them very easy to load unlike a clip fed rifle where you have to directly place the bullet in the chamber or feed them from a clip. The single shot target rifles load with a tray to keep the bullets pristine when they are chambered while some clipe or tublar fed rifles will sometimes nick or skin a bullet.

Like Trap Shooting, Rimfire target shooting is even more complicated than clay target shooting! When you are shooting a 40 grain bullet 50 yards at a 1/4" circle more factors are involved than throwing a thimble full of shot at a moving target....wind you don't even notice at atrapshoot will move the 22 caliber bullet a half inch off the target! Good target ammo ranges from $13 - $24.50 a box of 50 which is about comparable with shotgun shell prices....and you can't reload rimefire ammo plus you have to test different lots to see which lot shoots best in your rifle!

And to think I thought this would just be a relaxing hobby of shooting with friends! Biff

I have answered all the PM's,Thanks. And a Big thanks to Joe for the great custom rifle s
    Smithed by Butch Hongistu! A rifle that shoots that good ought to be illegal!

20. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Rifle is sold pending funds! Thanks to all who inquired. Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.