1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

22 hornet question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by musky, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musky

musky TS Member

I wanted to know if anybody can tell me why 22 hornet bullets are so expensive, and are these bullets a necked down version of another round. Thanks for the help from larry.

2. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Larry I think it is a situation where manufacturer's make only a few runs of Hornets a year and they sell them at a higher price simply because they can. As far as I know the Hornet can not be made from any other round. Hope this helps.
    Carey

3. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

You think factory Hornet ammo is expensive? Check the price for .218 Bee! The Hornet is a good round for reloading. You can brew up much better ammo than factory fodder. Getting started costs a bit, but you will be ahead in the long run if you shoot much. The Hornet is a good little varmit killer if you watch the wind and keep distances reasonable.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Keep in mind that Hornet bullets are offered in .223 (generally pre-war guns) and .224 (generally post-war guns).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.