1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

.22 BenchRest Caliber

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAtrap, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

John, How many grains of RL-15 with that 50 gr. Nosler. I use RL-15 in the 55 V-Max, but not the lighter bullets. Does Alliant even list a load using RL-15 with the 50 gr. bullet? Thanks, Steve

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks John,I have an older Rem.700 Heavy barrel that I bought back in the 60's that shoots better than any out-of-the box gun I have ever owned. I have a 24x Leupold on it. Always looking for another accurated load. Steve

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have the .223 going 3800 with a 40 grain Barnes Varminator(no longer made, damn) and a good solid kill at 416 yards.

I think my next is going to be a .20 VarTarg.

Good speed, cool running with double the barrel life and half the powder.

Got my eye on a used VLS in .204 also.

so many guns, so little time.

6 more weeks till poodle poppin.

HM

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

and...before the .22-250 was legitimized by Remington, it was called the .22 Varminter among other things...my cousin had a high grade BRNO Mauser in .22 Varminter with double set triggers in an English Walnut rollover stock he had crafted himself to a very high standard and topped it off with an Untertl scope....it was something to behold!!

5. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I've had a .22 BR and wasn't impressed with it. A .222 Mag Improved is justa s good ballistically, the cases are much cheaper and you don't have to full length size them to keep the bolt handle closing easily. The BR cases will definitely get tight if you don't full length size them.

my .02

hubcap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.