1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

22 ammo at Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whiz-bang, Dec 6, 2013.

1. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Member

Gander mountain listed a sale in our local paper for 22 ammo. for CCI Mimi Mags 100 per box $7.99 limit 10 boxes. For Federal Match in 325 bulk box $15.99 limit 3 boxes. Stopped by there today and bought my limit.

Might want to check your local Gander Mountain and stock up. Basically pre panic price

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Our Gander Mountain (Terre Haute, Indiana) had Federal HP 525 packs this morning for $24.99. Took the wife and we each got two.

I got Federal HP 550 packs at Wal-Mart yesterday for $23.79.

Maybe the hoarders are filling up or running out of cash?

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The so called "ammo shortage" was created by hoarding, not by shooting. Ammo mfgs didn't make less ammo, there's no significantly more shooters if any, used up all the supply.

Last weekend at a local gun show, a guy was asking $15 per 50 rd. of CCI .22LR. I told him I'm sorry that I bothered him on this otherwise beautiful Sat. morning.

Bass Pro is selling them for $3.79.

4. white rattler

white rattler Member

Still no ammo in Az. Trevor Dawe

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Last Saturday our Gander Mt. advertised 1400 round buckets of Remington for $69.99, limit two. There were over a 100 people in line when they opened at 6:00 am....They only had 40 buckets on hand.

Needless to say, a lot of pissed off people, including me. I won't shop there again.

Wayne

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

My Daughter-in-Law went to Gander Mountain last Saturday. She got there at 4:30 AM. When the store opened at 6:00 AM there were 60 people in line. She was #6. The first 12 got 2 buckets of Remington HP for $70 a bucket.

7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer TS Member

I can honestly say I haven't paid any more for ammo (or waited in line) in the last few years. You guys are fools for not having enough on hand.

Leadstash.jpg

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

When you go through 8000 to 10,000 rounds a year you need to re-supply every now and then. I like to have 25,000 in inventory.

So what is in the metal cans???

Nice supply of lead.

Jim Skeel

9. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

The local GM had CCI .22 ammo on Friday. I was a little late (9th in line) to get the CCI Mini Mags but did get a brick of CCI Std Vel. It was a little spendy at $50 per brick.

I found CCI Mini Mag HP at the local Walmart Friday night. Better price of $7.47 per 100 pack. They received 10,000 rounds. I managed to snag 900 (wife, son and me x 3 each).

Check out www.brassbadger.com for a good source locator.

10. PatMiles

PatMiles Member

Check out Gunbot.com for a much easier and current listing of who has what.

Pat

11. mike campbell

mike campbell Member

Funniest thread of the year.

12. GAH03

GAH03 Member

And you wonder why we can't find .22's!!!

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Since this thread started, I have visited the two Gander Mountains in this area three times each. The first time I went to the Chambersburg (PA) store (which was on the day I read this thread), they had two 100-round boxes of CCI MiniMags at $7.99 each. I bought both. The next two times, I spotted a sign on the gun counter by the time I was half-way back to it that read "NO 22 AMMO." Two trips to the Harrisburg store, both while just passing by, yielded no ammo. I guess you just have to go there at the right time.

Fortunately, I have always liked to have a good inventory of everything I use on hand - today, I suppose that's called "hoarding." Anyway, my current stock of the two .22LR shells I use comes to 3,900 plus about 600 others. All except those 200 from GM were purchased before the "shortage" so please hold off on any disparaging remarks.

Ed

14. Catpower

Catpower Well-Known Member

Ed, I am in the same shoes, a good soldier is never caught short

The day after the election I ordered 12,500 rnds of .22LR, so that put me at a little over 25,000 rounds, and that is just .22 LR, I like to keep a few thousand rounds for every caliber I own, with out ammo a gun is just a club

The main reason I did it was a hedge against inflation, and just in case some $hit did come up which it did somehow.

I remember when they were talking during the Clinton years that over a few boxes of shells would be labeled as an arsenal, I guess I would be an arsenal LOL

15. ysr_racer

ysr_racer TS Member

You guys that spend hours waiting in line and driving hundreds of miles crack me up. That's why there's an ammo shortage, fools like you.

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Don't support the price gouging ! shoot 9mm until supplies re tool.

The reason supplies are tight is because it's was the cheapest ammo for people to hoard.

17. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Some are paying over twice the store price for .22 LR on Gunbroker. Either they are buying it to shoot and have the funds so the price does not matter or they are hoarding it. In either case there are far too many folks out there that can afford to pay the Gunbroker price.

I bet over half that get .22 LR at Walmart are re-selling it.

Ammo is out there for $25 per brick if you can figure out how to find it. The days of $10 per brick are gone and are not coming back.

Jim Skeel

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Would not be the case if people wouldn't pay the price. That's what they said about gold " $2000 per ounce is cheap as it will ever get"

Remember just a few months back when guys were paying $2500 for a $800 Ar-15, same thing with .22 ammo.

Remember the big .380 ammo panic ?

19. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

T.P.S. and Shannon, you suggestion is EXACTLY what I told clay target shooters to do when shot prices went through the roof - stop buying the stuff and the principle of supply and demand will take care of things. You see what shooters thought of that idea so the 22LR ammo hoarders aren't going to listen to you, either. Clay target shooters are still shooting and shot is still thirty-some bucks a bag. (I don't know the exact price as I still have 47 bags from the batch I bought for $16.50 a bag and haven't more than glanced at the stuff since the price went up.) Accordingly, I don't expect anything different to happen with rimfire ammo prices anytime soon.

Ed

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Yep, get all you can while the prices are higher than they have ever been, act now before prices drop like a dagger.

I understand if your looking to shoot now, but I would not be looking to stock up now!

Search tags for this page
gander mountain 22 ammo
gander mountain 22 ammo bulk
gander mountain cci 22lr ammo
gander mountion 22 gun
gander mt cci 100 pack of 22 shells

gander mt cci 22 shells pack of 100