1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

21 days left to taxmageddon

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Silly rabbit, tax increases are for you and me.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

On Face the Nation, Simpson and Bowles both agreed that massive cuts in entitlements are required to cut the deficit. Simpson said that even if we raised taxes to the Clinton era levels, it would only reduce the deficit for 2013 by 25%. It wouldn't even touch our current deficit!

In short, we can't tax our way out. But all you hear about on the news is that it's the Republicans fault the fiscal cliff has not been avoided? The Dems won't move on entitlements. So, how does this work?

The media once again is holding back facts, and projecting the President's position as way to move "forward".

Maybe the Mayans were right.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I think it should happen. What is going to happen? Everyone pays their fair share of SS once again, and the Defense Department gets reduced. I mean. we only spend more on defense than all the rest of the world combined. I think it could be reduced a lot. And we go back to the Clinton entitlement era. So, what's wrong with all that? Nothing!!!!!

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

"Clinton entitlement era"- that's not going to happen no matter what.

I like Rand Paul's idea, let the Dims do what they want by all Republicans voting "present". That way they will get all the blame when the economy slips into recession again. Otherwise they will blame the Republicans, their allies in the media will back them up, and most voters are too dumb and gullible to figure out that they've been hoodwinked.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Increase taxes. A joke. We'll hurt the ghost "recovery" the media keeps spewing, especially private investment which is also practically non-existant now. 25% of next years deficit in savings! Are you kidding me?

By the end of 2013 unemployment will be over 9%, and we'll have a lame duck president that has had no clue or desire to manage a recovery for 5 years, and we'll be stuck with him, Reid, and his progressives.

They will be forced to cut entitlements and piss off a whole bunch of his voting base. But, he'll try to put it off till he gets out of office so he can blame the next preident and spare his legacy.

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

RICK

Your statement [by republican defination] should be the biggest job creation engine EVER

GS

7. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

They will get it setteled at the last day so obozo will look good. He cant back out on his promises to the minorites and all the freeloading people that milk the welfare system.

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

A sit in is scheduled today in a NY congressional district to make sure the congressman (democrat) does not vote for any entitlement cuts as part of any tax deal.

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

That is all they can think of- 'We can tax ourselves into posperity'. They are like a horse pulling a buggy with blinders on and cotton in their ears.

10. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

CharlieAMA

Again wrong

How about taxing out of debt??? Just too start.....ok

OHHHHHHH but it is the prosperity of the last 12 years of tax cuts right???

Republican Mantra less taxes good right???

Good times

Fun times

Oh Ya

GS

PS For Kipling Def. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mantra

Definition of MANTRA
    : a mystical formula of invocation or incantation (as in Hinduism); also : watchword
    — man·tric \-trik\ adjective
    See mantra defined for English-language learners »

Examples of MANTRA
    a businessman whose mantra is “bigger is better”

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

OK- So I'm wrong and your right. I'm right to be wrong. You have to cut the spending of money you don't have, more importantly, money that doesn't exist.

12. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Taxmageddon is what's going to happen when the Chinese will no longer loan us money. We're in unchartered waters with 16.3 trillion of debt. Many states are in the death spriral where the takers far outnumber the makers. Pension funds in many states are in serious trouble. Think about the mess that Obama is going to inherit. Our children will blame the babyboomers (that's us) for the ruination of their future. The Fed will continue to print money and metals prices (such as lead) will inflate. Probably $40.00 for a bag of shot will look like a bargain in 5 years. Today lead hit $1.0268 per pound. Now I've taken off my rose colored glasses.......... BT100dc

13. drgondog

drgondog Member

Hold the line on - no raise to debt ceiling. Let Obama make the cuts. Impeach him if he cuts defense more than 10%

Regards,

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.