1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20yd Handicaps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I've never shot a handicap target in my life, so I have no experience in this subject. How much different are the leads compared to 16yd singles?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Zero - No difference - The very same - Just shoot .

It,s only 12 feet ?? Think about that .

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

None, If fired with same speed shell. But with that said, you will learn the correct lead for 16 yard targets if you don't know them already !!! So if you shoot the tails off targets from time to time at 16, you'll miss-em at 20 yards. Just go out and shoot them. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I never consciously think about leads. I just look at the target and trust my gun to take care of leads. It works.

Pat Ireland

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I'm bettin' you make the transition just fine.

20 yards always seemed easier than 16s to me. It feels like less barrel movement is required to line things up, like the hard angles are easier to catch. Wish I could still shoot from there.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

20 yard targets are not the same as 16's. There is a difference, but it's more about seeing the target as early as possible, and more lead on hard angles. Hold a lower gun. See the bird, shoot the bird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.